translate

Wednesday 1 May 2019

BURNING LESSONS @PoetryByFionaCummings (Dark)

It's been ages since I wrote a dark one... ()

BURNING LESSONS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The fire in my heart is burning

Life is all about learning

But what if I know what you are all about

No matter what words I shout

They don’t get listened to

Fed up of your mouth so untrue

 I thought my life was complete

But there is so much deceit

How can I look into your eyes?

Nothing shocks me

There is no surprise

The downs were few and far between

Loads of highs

But now flames before I have seen

Are lit again

A red hot iron

Straight from the flame

It’s not a game

This is real

I can’t disguise just how I feel

I’ve thrown my mask in the ashes

As diamond tears

Frame my lashes

Our memories have been trampled on

I can’t go on

I’m out of hear

I’ve shed the last tear

Keep away

I don’t want you near

I’m free of you now

I can do this

Though not sure how

But I will

And the amber and red devil

I will kill

Gulp, swallow, take the pill

A new life for me

A future I see

You are now beneath me

Trampled on

I feel so strong

I will, go on

Without you by my side

I tried

I cried

Every day I had to hide

But no more

Up from the floor

Head held high

My dreams are written in the sky

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

Get out from your nightmare. Stop dreaming and start your, life.

 

No comments: