translate

Sunday 26 May 2019

THE HOT AIR BALLOON @PoetryByFionaCummings


 
Take me there again please

Where we glided above the trees

I felt on top of the clouds

You made me ever so proud

I looked down at a crowd

They were waving at you and me

They looked so happy

Take me there again please

Flying over the trees

Where you got down on one knee

And then asked me to be your wife

You took my hand in yours

That was the best day of my life

I wore your beautiful ring

Even the birds began to sing

Take me there again please

Looking down at the beautiful trees

Flying in the sky so blue

A multi coloured balloon

I felt as if I could touch the moon

I was so in love

Butterflies above

My stomach joined my heart

From that day we would never part

Take me there again please

 Oh, the greens, reds and golds of the leaves

Gliding over the trees

Looking into your eyes

Such a beautiful surprise

We landed on the grass

We were handed a glass

From that we drank champagne

Little did I know, I would never feel like that again

We didn’t have time to plan our marriage

The pretty flowers

A horse and carriage

Seasons of life

Summers, autumn, winters and April showers

I never got to be your wife

Once again you flew above the trees

But not in our air balloon

If only I could have that day again please

Fly with the angels now my darling

I will never forget you

Our love was so true

How cruel life was to us

Ashes turned to dust

I hurt so much

I long for your touch

Your voice I miss

Just one more kiss

If only we knew

You would be taken away that day

I thought we would be like glue

I was to marry you

This wasn’t how it was meant to be

You made me so happy

If I could have said goodbye

But I didn’t get the chance

We didn’t have our first dance

Or say I do

But my love as far as I’m concerned

I did marry you

The day we went up in the air balloon

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: