translate

Friday 10 May 2019

OMG GET ME IN THE TENT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Okay, there is a proper OMG blindie moment coming up. So, I was due a delivery. I heard the van. Quick, run, before he escapes… Our delivery people like to knock, why knock, when we have a doorbell? Drop and run.

No, they are not flashers, but people who just can’t hang around 31 and a quarter seconds it takes me to get to the front door, almost breaking my ankles as I slide on rubber dog toys on the floor.

 

So, grab the key opened the door and said hello. Not sure if they by that point had gone? A voice asked how I was? Very friendly. I’m fine thank you, now, do I hold my hands out to receive a parcel, or will it be someone selling kitchens? Well after there was no sales pitch, I put out my hands, he put something near them, I snatched it off him. Why did I take it with such force? Don’t ask me as I don’t have the answer. But as I grabbed this item realising that he wasn’t leaving go of it, it came to my attention that I was grabbing the machine that you have to sign to say you have received the item. Hahahaha. Oops I said. Going red… I had to tell him I can’t see. I mean, why else would I try to snatch his machine from his grip?

 

He said sorry, but, not his fault, handed me the parcel and as I took it, I asked him did I need to sign anything, he replied no, I put  the parcel on my shelf to close the door, I apologised again for wrestling with him over the machine, he then did the strangest thing?

 

He took my hand, held it and said thank you. Gently let go and went on with his day.

 

Firstly, what a strange thing to do and secondly, what did he thank me for? I could write at least seven different reasons for what happened. My imagination is working over time, you just never know what is going through people’s minds, do you? He was sweet though I didn’t feel threatened as my friend called me before I was telling her she said that was odd, but it was different but not odd. Bless him.

 

My dear friend made me laugh the other day, she has really good eyesight but has RP so she was looking at a picture and the lady in the picture was advertising what looked like to my friend anyway, she had a robin in her hand, when in fact on a closer look, she was holding a red shoe she was selling. Hahahaha.

 

I remember years ago I was with my ex. We went to a country fair. There were tents, stalls and animal demonstrations. We were queuing to see some show. It was outside it was so sunny and quiet. I had sight. But obviously I was partially sighted. Well as we were standing waiting with another seventy odd people, I said in my excited loud voice.

“Oh, look, how cute, a sheep!!!””

(Remember it was a country fair)

My ex said, where? I pointed and continued informing the line of people in front and behind us. Look, over there, oh, is it a lamb even?

Then I slammed my hand to my very red face. Oh, no, it’s not a sheep, is it? It’s a man…. Well people obviously didn’t know I couldn’t see as I didn’t have a guide dog or white cane. No need for one in those days

I thought.

To my horror, after announcing it was a man, my ex pointed to it and said.

“That there?

Yes, I replied, don’t point at him? He replied.

“What are you talking about, that’s not a sheep!””

Well I know that now, it’s a man.

“No!”” he exclaimed.

“Fiona, that’s a white rubbish bag!””

Oh

Let me in that tent?

 

 

No comments: