translate

Saturday 11 May 2019

TRAIN TO FRIENDS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. We are home, firstly thank goodness for electric as our gas boiler that heats the house and water, is totally broken now. so, I have an electric fire trying to keep us warm. Re going out of this room? And as for having a nice hot bath? Even a shower, forget it until at least Monday. I just pray to goodness that the Plumber will be able to fix our problem without having to send away for a part making us wait days longer without heat and hot water.

 

We have had a great day visiting our besties. The train was on time, it was packed. Our lovely friend Hanz, picked us up at the station. We went to our friend’s house for the full day. It was great to see my sweet old pal Ali and her beautiful little baby Grand Son. Oh, I love babies. Ali is the kind of person I would love as a sister. She is fun and lights up a dark room. She has never changed I think she was about 13 when I first met her and she is still that lovely dear person who is as funny as a box of monkeys and so genuine. Love her. We had a lovely lunch and a great catch up with some board games all five of us. Cups of tea and coffee and the tradition of Hub tuning our friend Likes guitars, a rendition from Like on his guitar and some scones and cake from the local bakers for tea before heading back home. Trix as always, a great host. We laughed and had so much fun.

 

The train was absolutely empty. The station on our arrival was so quiet it was odd like a ghost town. And no queue for the taxi home.

 

Trix packed us a box with goodies for supper bless her. And that has been our Saturday. Spending time with special people. Hub and Like are like Brothers and they are so funny when they are together. I can’t wait to see them again. Hopefully that will be soon.

 

Our Son is now out with his two friends at the cinema.  Our dogs are fast asleep. Little Fella in his bed in the hall way and Waggatail in front of the fire. I know who has the better deal.

 

It’s so cold outside. God help us in the morning getting out of bed. Oh, I hate not having heat and hot water in the house. I know there are so many people worse off than us, so I shouldn’t complain… but I shall…

 

Happy birthday to Lynn, and congratulations to Mr and Mrs Hankey. And finally, before I go.

A single rose can be my garden, a single friend, my world.

Leo Buscagula

 A true friend never gets in your way.

Unless you happen to be going down.

Arnold H Glasgow

 

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they are not so good, and sympathises with your problems when they are not so bad.

  

In the end we will remember not the words from our enemies, but the silence of our friends

Martin Luther King.

 

True friendship can never be spoiled.

True friendship never dies.

True friendship fills your heart with joy

To know the meaning of true friendship

 Makes you happy and wise.

Fiona Cummings

A true friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.

Donna Roberts

 

 

No comments: