translate

Thursday 2 May 2019

DIARY OF WHAT A NUT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Well I haven’t got all the work done I needed to do today, but I’m done. It’s 6.30 in the evening. Our Son came in from work telling me how tired he was, but went right out to the gym. My Husband is on his way back a four and a half hour journey from work. Dinner is ready for them. I have made a huge salad and our boy is having Vegan pizza which I buy from Ocado, I’m so glad we have that shopping service in our area as I love what they sell. You can get so much choice from there. It’s expensive though, but they do offer loads of free deliveries. Hub is having quiche; I have been lazy and not made it in fact I haven’t baked for months. I used to make a huge quiche but now my Son isn’t eating things like that, I can’t just make that for us and then be bothered to fat about with another meal, if I had to cook two or three meals, then that is easier than baking. Well for me it is, anyway.

 

For my dinner. I’m having cottage cheese… and a yogurt. Sounds really healthy doesn’t it? Yeah, but I have had a small bag of crisps today and a pack of Rollo’s. gosh, they have changed, for those who live in the UK, the chocolate doesn’t seem as nice, and the toffee is really soft and the packets are so much smaller. Remember they used to be a very long tube, now I think there was about six in them. I won’t be buying them again. No, I’m not replacing them for a carrot, just some other kind of chocolate, what do you take me for, a nun?

 

I didn’t have breakfast but a salad sandwich for lunch. So, I haven’t done too bad today. Oh, and I had a handful of walnuts. I was reading the benefits of walnuts. And, I have forgotten what they were, hahaha, hang on a sec, I’m going to look it up as I really thought wow when I was reading about how good they are and why?

 

I’m back, so, here we go. The benefits of walnuts.

 

Provide healthy fats, fibre, vitamins, and minerals

In America, there is actually an annual conference for walnut research. For the past fifty years people like scientists have gathered to discuss the latest health news around walnuts.

The English walnut is the most common and the most studied. I didn’t even know there were different kinds until I read that.

Rich in antioxidants. If you have bad cholesterol, then eat them. They are packed with vitamin E.

Provides omega 3. I’m sure that is good for your eyes, hang on, where’s me bag?

A handful of walnuts per day, gives you a 10% less chance of having a heart attack. Could decrease inflammation. Oh, great, will I deflate? Gosh, what a mess that will be, one may need to go in one’s garden…

Inflammation is at the root of many diseases, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s and cancer. Promotes a healthy gut. I have been reading about the gut of late, nice I know, and its amazing if you have a healthy gut, they say, your overall health will improve. They say your gut is the root where by everything that is good and bad grows from.

Oh, hang on a minute.

Bloggets, this is a great fact, eating walnuts may control your appetite also helps with weight loss…. Why did I only buy one bag?

May help to lower blood pressure, well my BP, is always so good I’m proud to say, even though I think I worry for my entire family. I stress so much. But still my BP is always really good. Supports healthy ageing too. So, what does this mean? I will age healthy? A study was done and 13 per cent of people were more physical mentally and physically by eating walnuts. love this one, apparently, and I never knew this, the shell of a walnut looks like a tiny brain….  But they do say that they are good for your brain. The nut that is, not the shell, don’t go eating the shell. Yes, they are good for the memory. Now I remember why I bought them?  hahaha

 

It’s rained today but when I was out earlier, nowhere exciting, it was so gentle it was almost pleasant. But then came the thunder. I don’t like that. My Mum used to tell me and I passed it onto my Son, it was God moving his furniture. I used to think as a child. Doesn’t God have carpets?  It’s been sunny too, so again our weather is really confused.

 

A long weekend coming up. No plans sadly, but you never know, something may pop up.

 

Oh, I was fed up of asking my Son to clean his section of the shoe cupboard. So, I got a huge bag, like a charity bag, and put every pair of shoes in there, don’t panic, I didn’t then take them to the charity shop, but asked him when he came home from work, to sort out which ones he was keeping and which ones he was throwing out. He replied. I will Mum, later, well that was last night. So, when he came in from work tonight, I asked him again. He said there was only one or two pairs of shoes he was keeping, let me tell you Bloggets, this bag is huge. His shoe size is a 10 too, UK size, big, but there must be ten pairs of shoes in there. As well as socks, shoe fresheners, souls, gloves and a belt… don’t ask. I didn’t. well he said he would do it when he came from the gym. So, if you open the bag there are only two pairs of shoes you are keeping, how long would that take? Let’s see if he does it when he gets in? if not I know where that bag is going. In his room.

 

I heard this from a really funny guy called Ian.

Notice

A big warning to the person who stole my glasses

I have contacts!

Hehehehe. I like it.

More from him.

“My girlfriend said babe, I love these shoes but I have left my purse at home.

Me, opening my wallet, how much are they? She replied. £700. Me, here’s £10, get a taxi home pick up your purse, I will wait for you here

 

And on that note I will wait to hear from you all. Take care. X

 

 

 

No comments: