translate

Tuesday 28 May 2019

TUESDAYS THOUGHTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS #InspirationalDiary


Good day to you all. I hope you have had a lovely weekend and if you are in the UK, a great long bank holiday weekend.

 

Tuesday, back to real life. yesterday my Husband found on line a great idea. So, we have an optician called Specsavers. And we learned they now deal with hearing. What next? So, you pay £35 per ear. Result. I shall go there. Wrong. There is a month waiting list as they only do it in our area on a Thursday. So, if there is a month waiting list, why not at least twice a week? Surely by the time you wait a month, you are either OK, or so bad nothing can be done? So, back to the drawing board, I phoned private health care Hub has with his job. Oh, they don’t deal with such matters. Well now to my local GP. A couple of years ago, there was a huge waiting list before I could see my doctor. Then they had to refer me to the local hospital as they didn’t deal with ears either. Then so I was told today they now did but to go to the local one, I would have to wait a long time but I could travel to another surgery. Brilliant. I would have to get a taxi though because no way I would dare risk going out with Waggatail especially when I’m like this. I have ventured out locally but no way I would go somewhere I don’t know the route. So only a few days to wait before I pray, I will get sorted. Being deaf and blind is hell. For me I’m lucky, because I hope, once this is done, I will hear again. There are so many of you who are blind and deaf. I have huge respect for you. I am so exhausted. Walking into doors and walls in my house and I never do that. Friends say when they see me in my own house, they would never know I’m blind as I walk fast and never miss a gap and know where everything is. But I rely on my hearing for that. I hear walls, doors, spaces, furniture and so on. I can’t even hear the TV. My lap top is turned up so loud apparently according to Hub I have given him a headache. Haha. I bet he’s glad to be back at work today. When people are talking to me, I hear every one word in may be 10/12? Then I just use my imagination to put the jigsaw together to see what people are saying. Reminds me from when I was at school. I could see so clearly but only a pin prick in each eye. So, to read was really a challenge. My eyes used to kill. So, when we had to read then write what we had read about, I used to pretend I was reading, wait the right amount of time and flick the pages on time read the first middle and last line of each page and then the synopsis at the back of the book. I always got top marks for what I wrote. And when I was at college, I received A’s, so it’s a skill. But I haven’t had to do it by hearing and I really don’t like it. I can’t even hear where my dog is in the garden and remember we have bells on their collars so we know where they are. I was ironing today and I really burned myself. Something I may do three time max per year. I iron loads of clothes twice a week so three times a year isn’t bad. But I have really hurt my arm so I’m not ironing for a while…. If I’m blessed to hear right again, I wonder when it comes to ironing, can I have selective deafness?

 

Hub and I always have chats about what we would rather be, deaf or blind. He says no way he would want to be deaf. He would   rather be blind any day. For me, I still say I would rather be deaf as blind. If I had full sight   and no hearing, I would be able to see my loved ones faces, friends’ expressions, read menu’s clothes shop with ease, drive and just see the beauty of nature. Don’t get me wrong, I would hate it, as to hear a bird song is such a gift. To hear music too. But not to be able to see can be so lonely. So frustrating too. I just wish there was a cure for both being deaf and blind. But for those who have both, God bless you all.

 

I’m making Hub a fish pie for dinner tonight. We had cooking gate last night in our kitchen as our Son made his food prep as he calls it. He made a huge lasagne and portioned it out. He also made some kind of hot meal for his breakfasts for the next three days. Thank goodness I don’t have to worry about our dog food. Haha. Actually, talking of dog food, I may have to order some. I may wait until my ears are fixed though, as I can’t  hear the phone very well, unless as it’s right in my ear. I can’t hear text coming through, so every now and then I will check my phone as I have it on full volume. I just noticed I have a text from Boy Wonder. Our Son texts. “I have a package coming. X””

That’s nice. If I hear the doorbell?

 

Gosh my dog is getting her summer coat. She is really shedding her fur. I groomed her this morning and got five loads of fur from her. It’s so therapeutic combing a dog don’t you think?

No?

Oh, maybe it’s just me? Haha.

 

Well I have loads of housework to do today. I have put a load of washing in, needs drying now, then I have dusting cleaning floors and bathrooms. Not saying it will all get done, but

in my head it will.

    

Some scientist news I have been reading today include headlines like ancient Egyptians feasted on water melons, according to findings in toom.  And why not? They are delicious!  

Japan made the headlines a stabbing killing people at a bus stop.  Gosh, such a calm country I don’t hear such stories from Japan.

 

 They are making lap tops now out of wood… why can’t they use all the plastic that is getting recycled? Did you hear about the new not sure if it is a fish, something that has been discovered in our oceans that is eating plastic. It was written like it was a good thing. No, it’s bad. Whales are found dead with tons of plastic inside of them. But we think because these new founded creatures are eating the plastic up, it’s a good thing, no, it’s cruel.

 

Countries joining our blog page today include. Ukraine, UK, US, Canada, Albania, Brazil, Germany, Honduras, I’m sure that is the first time I have seen that country, so a very warm welcome. Thailand and Sweden. Any countries just out side the top ten, hi to you to. And a very happy birthday to Tim. If it’s your birthday today, sending best wishes.

 

Just before I go, never give up on something you really want, no matter how many times an object gets in your way or people keep giving you negative comments stick with it and you will never regret that choice. We are all here for a reason we just need to follow our heart soul and dreams to find the right path to take in life. xx

 

 

 

No comments: