translate

Tuesday 21 May 2019

BORROWED TIME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well I’m on borrowed time with my lap top. Not long left as I can’t charge it now. I am hoping to get it fixed rather than buy a new one the only trouble is, getting it to the repair shop. Nightmare. Hub suggested sending it by taxi, not a chance…

 

I have never had trouble with my hearing or ears. Until about seventeen years ago. I did them damage with my earphones and loud music. I had to get them fixed and I was told once I got them syringed, they would never be the same and that nurse was right. So, I am totally deaf in my left ear and half deaf in my right. In my left the tinnitus is shocking so loud is the screaming but nothing is even muffled from it it’s totally blocked and when you rely so much on your hearing, it’s not nice.

 

It’s bad enough around my house, as I’m really dizzy. But today I had to go to the chemist to get drops. Oh, gosh, thank goodness for my dog and thank goodness no one spoke to me along the way or got in my way.

 

Well I managed even to pop into the shop. Oh, but it’s awful. On my return home, a huge sigh of relief, I went into our conservatory to open windows. Oh my, one sense that hasn’t goes is the ability to smell things. And I could smell a really strong burning fragrance.

 

Was my house on fire? Without seeing flames or hearing the crackle, it was really frightening. I stood for a while to try to listen with my ear that half hears and nothing. But the smell was getting stronger. I can only hope it’s someone burning something very close to our house. It really is like a big fire. The smoke is awful. But I’m not as far gone as not being able to hear our smoke alarms. With my half ear.

 

God bless those of you who are blind and deaf. Gosh, it’s so hard. Even sitting here now the ringing in my ear and the feeling that someone has their thumb stuck right inside of my ear is awful. I can hear the voice on my lap top but as if it’s in the distance.

 

One good thing about not being able to hear today, was the sound of the traffic on  the road from hell, was much quieter in fact in some parts of our walk, nothing at all and I know for a fact we never have no cars on our road, so that was a little scary, though more peaceful allowing me to enjoy the summer to come smells of stunning flowers and shrubs.

 

I had to cross a busy car park and I totally had to rely on Waggatail. I made sure I used the correct hand movements so hopefully on coming traffic would see me about to move forward. Well we got back and I just hope in a few days I can hear again. Oh, this is just awful.

 

It’s a beautiful day. I’m not in the mood to do any housework today. But, am I ever?

Just got a message from our friends asking us to go to the pub at the end of the week. Remember when we used to go to the pub quiz? I loved it, but the people who ran it left so we are waiting for someone to take it over. Hub said he would love to. Yeah love but we struggle knowing what bottles we have in our fridge, let alone a pub, but got to love his idea.

OK, I shall go for now sorry about a short blog, I hope I’m back in a couple of days. All fixed. Lap top and ear. Haha. Stay healthy get healthy, stay happy, be happy

 

No comments: