translate

Tuesday 30 April 2019

NO NEED FOR EGGS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I’m really dreading tomorrow as my love is going away overnight and I hate that. I miss him so much. The house is so quiet and empty without him here. I like my little unit of Hub, Son and two dogs. I’m so happy when they are all home. Contentment. Sometimes I wish I had more children when I was younger. But I think my maker had different ideas. Who knows, may be my other children would have sight problems if they were unfortunate to get RP passed to them. It’s bad enough for me to know that my Son and future grandchildren will pass the disease on to their children or at least all be carriers. And because I’m the first person in my family I think to have this eye condition, I guess I am the root and planted the seeds. Having said that, if the father of your children doesn’t have the same gene, then the children will be carriers rather than actually have Retinitis Pigmentosa. Still I fear if my Son’s eyes are totally OK. I wished I had got him checked out when he was a child. But I wasn’t in the right place so no good wishing for something that I now have no control over.

 

If my Sons children are born with sight problems, then me and their Granddad will be the best people to support those little ones. Encourage and support we will too!

 

Speaking with a lovely lady today how she is so afraid to go blind as she too has RP, well, reading in between the lines, she is doing a great preparation job. The most common thing that people say to me is I couldn’t be blind… Well some news, if you have no choice, there is no choice really unless you end your life and think about what you may miss in your future if you do that and believe me, I have been in that place where life wasn’t worth living. The pure fear wasn’t worth the pain and torture but I say to everyone now, just be prepared. Then they may say I wouldn’t’ know where to start, well, talking with this lovely today, she said a few things to me and I quoted her, just to let her realise, how much she actually is prepared. She said things to me that made me realise that she already has a grip of what it’s like not to have sight. We were talking over the internet and my dogs were in the background. She told me she could hear them shaking their heads as the way their bells on their collars were ringing. Yep, she was correct as they were ragging their toys. She also said that she could hear their claws on the floor. Again right, my floors are wood. So, she was hearing things. Without thinking about how she may, have to be in the future, using senses that people who are sighted just don’t use, it’s not like we hear better we don’t, that’s a myth. We just have to listen rather than looking, so because we can’t see, we concentrate more on our hearing. When we enter a room, we may smell things before our sighted companions, only because when I’m in our shopping centre, I can smell the bakers for example, or the florist. So, it teaches us to home in on our other senses. We see with our ears and nose. Smile.

 

My Son is cooking. Bless him, he loves to cook. I have told him to leave my kitchen as he found it…  

He may be in there for a while.

 

I received an email from someone who wanted to know what I used to bind food with, or an egg substitute. Here is a link


 

Chat more tomorrow Bloggets, smile and those near you will pass it on.

 

 

No comments: