translate

Wednesday 10 April 2019

DIARY OF AND BREATHE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. How are you all feeling today? I have been chased by sadness for the past few days, but now I shall put that behind me and not let you spend time with my shadow and chat about what one of you have been writing to me about.

 

But firstly, a brief diary. So, yesterday I spent a great afternoon with two lovely people. My friend Yvonne kindly drove my Dearest surrogate Mum whether she likes it or not. Smile. Hub and I love her as if she is our Mum. And our Son thinks of her as his Grandmother.  She is for sure the closest person to a Grandparent he has had since my parents died when he was a baby. Our dogs even love her. In fact, yesterday I was exhausted by their bad behaviour as they know they can push the buttons on the cardigan of their Grandmother too. Haha. She loves them and they know it. Oh, kisses cuddle and pure excitement. And that was just me? Hahaha. Seriously, our dogs think the world of Kinzie.

 

Of course, she left behind loads in fact a hamper of treats for them. When they left the two of them went to bed. Not sure if it was because they were tired with all the fun or they were sulking.

 

I so wish they lived closer. They keep trying to get us to move back to where they live. I wish we could. But that life is history now, well, for now. Who knows?

 

And the above was written yesterday. Some challenges over the past few days have left me exhausted and today is no different. I went out earlier with Waggatail. We had to post a letter. She did great getting there, but on the way back as I was waiting to cross a road, a very rude woman and her child pushed past me and I crossed she stayed by my side then on the up kerb, she pushed me again. To be honest, this is not what we are used to here, people are really nice in this area. Even, in fact especially the young people. Having said that, this person was older as she kept referring to herself as the child’s Grandmother.  So, on the up kerb I completely lost concentration and turned ever so slightly to the right, but that part of the path is a fork so if you take the wrong part of the path, you are down a totally different place. And that is what happened. I went to the kerb edge to try to retrace my footsteps and go back to the post box, but my dog was having none of it. She does this strange thing where she sniffs the ground rather than giving me confidents that we will be OK. I have learned now that when she does that, I need to really take over. So, I stopped listened and I always get dizzy when I think I’m lost. Where I thought the kerb was, it was grass. There were cars behind me. Then a quiet road to my side. I could hear the chip van in the far distance that was a clue. So, head towards that? Well fine, but a garden got in between us. So deep breath and wait for someone to pass. Well those two minutes seemed to take forever. Please, let someone have seen me out of their window and come out of their house?

No one did and no one passed. Just loads of cars. Making sure I was on the path and not the road, the world span trying to push me off.

 

I remembered my Yoga and just calmed myself. Then I was so grateful. I heard that scary big dog bark from a garden we pass. I’m always slightly on edge as I fear it will come over the fence and get my little guide dog.

 

So, I headed in that direction and told Waggs to find the way. I couldn’t give her directions as I had none in my head map.

 

Once she got herself on track, she was a little anxious, but once I smelled the familiar shrub and felt the tactile path beneath my feet, I kind of half knew where we were, giving her the confidence to carry on.

 

The world was still spinning. I’m sure fear spread across my face as I battled along hoping for more signs to know my location.

 

The gardens to my left didn’t seem so built up as in as much foliage. The sky was more open, oh, heck, was I on the right path? Well my dog seemed to think so.

 

More tactile so, she hinted we should cross. We did and thank goodness the steepish ramp I knew so well. Few, but then she did her normal thing taken me to the chemist.

I didn’t want to go to the chemist, but it’s a kind of ritual. She as to do it her own way.

 

It was a challenge walk back. I asked myself where did I go wrong, but at the same time I had to listen and make sure where I was going. I was exhausted. And then I thought. I deserve a bag of chips. Did I dare? Should I not just go home and not tempt any more fait?

 

I got to the edge of the building and turned right. Headed to the edge of the kerb. Asked my girl to wait. Listened for on coming traffic remembering there were a load of those silent cars out there now. crossed safely. Headed to the van. My dog got there and did her panicky thing. Well, then I heard the van, but where on earth was I? as the sound of the van was not where it should be. Oh gosh, I knew there was a huge step if I did that bit wrong. Well, thank goodness the lady from the van called for me. She then told me to be careful as I was heading towards a very sharp branch from a tree. It missed me, or did I miss that? Oh, heck, where was she? I was so confused. She apologised as I headed towards her voice hoping that the step wasn’t where I was walking. She said that when she arrived, there was a car parked in her space. So, she had to park in a different place. Well I got my chips, she then asked would I be OK finding my correct path. I said with out confidence, yes, sure… asking Waggatail to find the way. Oh, my did I ever need her help today? A white cane would have got me well and truly lost today.

 

We found the right road and headed in the directions of the shops. Missing the awful metal fire escapes that come too close for comfort, you have to almost walk under them and there are bars that come right down. So dangerous. Well we passed the vets and the local shop turning the corners passing the monkeys in the zoo and headed towards the dreadful much hated road with devil cars flying past at ridiculous speeds.

 

Such along walk home. But at last I was home, my drive, my front door. My key fit in the door. Hahaha, always a good sign… closed the door removed Waggs harness kicked off my shoes and took the biggest breath. Relief. My safe home. Thanking my dog so much. Washed my hands, ate lunch and made a herbal tea to sit with my girl and tell her how much I love her. She too is shattered. She has slept all afternoon. 

 

Life shouldn’t be so challenging. To do a simple task like post a letter. But we got exercise and we did it.

 

I have since then made a fish pie for my Husbands dinner and a vegan shepherd’s pie for my Sons dinner. Because I had chips for lunch, I will have something light. I have cleaned the floors and I’m now going to do some ironing, but before then, Kim asked me to write about the ocean…. Now, what about it? Not sure, but here is a brief explanation to what I have read of late.

 

 70 percent of the earth’s surface is below the ocean. But 95% of it remains unexplained to the human eye. We know more about the surface of Mars than we do the ocean seabed, scientists have been able to map the entire ocean floor, but the resolution is so poor, so, they can only visualise features larger than 3 miles.

 

Aliens under the ocean? I have always believed so. Why do we always think of aliens as being above us, rather than under the ground or sea?

 

In 2011, ocean explorers discovered an oval shaped vessel    with strange markings on the bottom of the Baltic sea.

 

Can you imagine there is a colossal squid that grows up to 66 feet?

Did you know that earths largest waterfall, is under water in the Denmark strait, where colder water tumbles over a huge drop in the ocean floor, falling 11,500 feet?

The largest land waterfall is only just over 3000 feet.

 

In the water off the coast of Japan, there is something called Yonoguni monument. They look like steps and have some what looks like carvings on them of what looks like faces and animals.

 

There are still species being discovered like the faceless fish. I always say I eat nothing with a face, so, could I eat this fish? Smile.

 

 

OK, I shall go for now, just had more news I really didn’t need… onwards and upwards. Tomorrow is a new day!

 

 

 

 

No comments: