translate

Saturday 20 April 2019

CLIMBING A MOUNTAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Gosh, what a day, we went out with our lovely girl Friday. Well, my new personal trainer. Haha. We went to an abbey. Oh, my goodness.  My dear GF/PT, has one speed. Fast and she is determined to get me fit. Bless her. Love that gal. she is adorable.

 

Oh my, the hill, no, not a hill, a piggin mountain. Seriously, you know those walls you can climb up? You do it for a sport? Yep, we did that today. I seriously thought I was going to die. The heat was immense too. There were thousands of people there. The birds sang, probably telling me to get on with it. Telling their pals “Hey dicky, there’s fat Fi trying to get up the hill, Hahahahaha, look at the state of it?””

Yeah, very funny Dicky, I was dark red in colour. I didn’t think I would get to the top. It was so high, so steep. But I did it, Girl Friday thought it was funny and told me it was all in my mind, nope, I seriously was in pain. There’s a lot of me and as long as I walk on the flat, I’m fine, but not hills, sorry, mountain.

 

We sat at a picnic table and enjoyed a light lunch and a cupper. We took a flask and some food. It was lovely, I enjoyed that part. The ducks on the river made their lovely sounds and the smells were the best. Loads of people were having BBQ’s. there were so many families there who weren’t English and they had their food with their own spices. Oh, my it smelled so good.

 

Little Fella worked so very well as always. Hub sat on a tree trunk as a small child fussed the dogs, but firstly their parents or grandparents, asked if it was OK, as bless them, they knew our dogs were working. But we said it was fine as they were wresting…  it was so funny to hear the lady telling the little girl that the dog, meaning Hubs dog, was the misters, as she put it, eyes… hahaha the poor child was probably thinking, this dog doesn’t look like eyes?

 

They were a lovely family though. We drove a long way but somehow, ended up at a famous ice cream shop. Not sure how that happened….

 

I had red cherry ice-cream and Girl Friday had passionfruit. Hub had a cup of tea. 

 

We only did five miles today, but it was so hard. Tough, but a memory for sure. And I love our girl.

 

If I have not lost at least a pound in weight, I won’t be happy. OK I had ice-cream, but I climbed at least one wall. And a mountain…. And loads of steps. Hahaha.

 

Going to text my Brother in law to ask if he wants to meet up tomorrow. If he’s not working, not sure where we will go, but somewhere for sure. It’s going to be so hot again tomorrow too.

 

  

No comments: