translate

Monday 1 April 2019

A GUIDE DOG #PoetryByFionaCummings


A GUIDE DOG BY FIONA CUMMINGS

She was born to help me or someone like me

She is my eyes to help me to be

As independent as possible

She gives me the freedom to stop me being miserable

She keeps me from trouble

Well sometimes, haha

She walks with me, near and far

Always by my side

I’m so grateful

She’s so beautiful

All she asks for is love

And I have loads of that for her

When I’m feeling low

She comes as if to say hello

I stroke her satin like fur

She’s so dutiful

As am I to her

What would I do without my guide dog?

She is my life, my everything

She is my tune, a song to sing

My sunshine

So gentle, so kind

She is the vision for me as I’m blind

I will love her forever

As we will always be together

Until the end

My best friend

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: