translate

Tuesday 16 April 2019

OOPS EASTER MEMORIES AND REGRETS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Todays subject is advice. And then I shall write my diary, so, in reverse today.

 

When people give you advice, do you listen and take notice, listen then do what you want? Advice is a noun. In the dictionary it reads.  “Definition. Guidance or recommendations offered with regard to prudent future action.”” But does that really tell us anything? May be to write something it’s a good guide line, but in reality?

 

Counselling, something I had to go through 16 years ago I was in a real bad place. Did it do me any good? Not really for a short time it made me much worse. I took from it though what I felt I could use. The rest was a bad memory I put in my bulging box in the loft of my mind! More than one person who tried to tell me this thing, so because of that, I thought they can’t all be wrong? And as far as I’m concerned, they were all very wrong.

 

Just some weeks ago, I listened again. Especially because one of the people I have huge respect for. I acted on their advice for a week or over, actually ten days. Then I went back to my own voices inside of my head. Was I right in doing that? I don’t know, but, if I had continued listening to them, where would I be now? to be honest, I think in the same place. And that isn’t a nice place to be in!

 

Who is giving you advice? Are they right? Should we just do what we feel in our heart, or should we listen to wisdom? If the thought feeling, is in our heart, isn’t that a power that we haven’t learned about yet? Like a soul feeling, when you get what’s called a gut feeling? Instinct?

 

When our brain just doesn’t know what to do. When we really do need help, but who knows better than we do? God? But does he tell us through our heart and soul? Is that the way he communicates with us?

 

They say all of us will need advice in some time in our life. advice from someone who has developed expertise. Well in my case all those years ago, that person had never gone through what I had experienced in my life. So, how did they know what was right? In fact, did they know? Now looking back, no, they were so wrong. At that time in my life I was so confused. I was easily influenced. I made mistakes. I don’t want to make that same mistake now.

 

 If I was to ever advise you, I would say listen to your heart but take a deep breath first and count to ten every time before taking action. Listen to people but in the end, do what you really feel in your soul.

 

For my Students who are studying English, I always say if you are reading my blogs God help you, but I receive emails from you or your professors saying you do and as I always say, perhaps you are asked to read my blogs to learn what not to say and how not to write English? Haha. Well if you noticed I wrote above (advice, and advise) so, one letter difference. The C is replaced with the S.

Advice is the information you have been given or receive.

Advise, is what you do when you instructor notify.

If you need guidance, ask for their advice. If you can give guidance, advise them on a matter.

 

And now my Diary. Well last night we were all I’m sure sad by the terrible fire in Paris. So sad and I know the Notre Dame will be reconstructed, but in a throwaway world, historical buildings hosting memories in their walls, is something that new just can’t rebuild.

 

In the UK employment hits another high as wages rise.

Those people hating our Government should read that.

Measles in the US have increased by 20% this year. That is scary. I remember when I had to get my Son injected against the MMR. I was scared stiff. Especially days after when we were told by the media, all kinds of bad things could happen and to watch out for symptoms. But then I knew people at school who were blind because they had measles or their Mothers had whilst pregnant. I had hoped my Son was OK when it came to his eyesight as he seemed to be able to see in the dark and that was or is, the first signs of RP. Imagine if he escaped RP and then went blind because of measles because I didn’t have him vaccinated? In 2019, measles have tripled globally, and we are only on month four.

 

Scientists have printed the worlds first human heart using human tissue. Amazing. Next may be the eye?

 

 Now in our press today there is lots of talk with regards Amazon reviews. Saying that there are a lot of fake reviews out there and they say how to spot the fake ones. Firstly, if there are a lot of 5-star reviews, for a make that you have never heard of, then It’s probably fake. Check out the dates when the reviews were written if they are around the same time, then they probably will be fake. Check out repetition of words and if the review looks like an advert, it probably is an advert. Check seller profiles too.

 

My Son is on day 2 of his holiday. Thankfully the weather seems to be improving. Today he is visiting a temple which sounds absolutely stunning when I read about it on Google. Tonight, he is meeting up with a friend who lives there. So, I have only three more sleeps before he’s home. I am happy though because he is. I hope. He has been keeping in touch really well to ease my stress and worry, but he hasn’t written his diary like he used to so I’m not sure he has done much. But hopefully more than he did in Amsterdam as all he did there was walk. He was telling me the other day, one day he checked on his phone and he walked 28,000 steps. Oh, my, poor Shamrock. Our Son is 6 feet 3 or 4,   Shamrock is 5 feet flat. So, his steps of 28,000, would mean Sham had to do 60,000 steps.

 

My Husband has been on the phone since 8.30 this morning and it’s now 4.pm. he had a break of ten minutes then answered emails. He is working from home today. As soon as he finishes, I shall run around doing housework as I have to keep quiet when he’s working. Our house is big enough for me to go in another room, but I use that excuse to catch up with writing, haha can’t do housework, Hubs working.

OK, who suggested ironing?

Back of the bus for you.

 

I’m going to get out our Easter things later tonight. My memories from when I went to America with my family. Me, Hub and our Son stayed with our amazing friends over Easter. It was the best Easter of my life. We were given some cute cuddlees like a rabbit that sang a song about hopping and a chick that squeaks. So, I shall be putting those out. Also remember my Halloween embarrassment? When I had all the treats in a basket with a pumpkin on the front? I opened the door to the children in my best witch’s voice waving the basket with pride in front of them.

Only for my Son to tell me hours later, it wasn’t a pumpkin basket, but one for Easter with chicks on.

Oops.

 

He cringed.

I died.

Then laughed. But remained red.

 

So, my (EASTER) basket will be out with little eggs in. this is the first year I won’t be doing died boiled eggs. Oh, no, my Son is a vegan, no dark red shiny eggs but I did buy him a vegan chocolate egg. Still though, the tradition of boiling my eggs in red onion skin then shining them with butter leaving the shells so shiny then putting them in a dish telling my Son the Easter chick left them for him. Hahaha. Even last year when he was 21, I did that.  I need some babies in my life to start all that silliness over again. Before I get so I forget how mad I really am and I just am left to be reminded just how silly I actually am.

 

And on that note, I shall say bye for now but I shall be back later. Take care. X

 

No comments: