translate

Saturday 13 April 2019

DIARY OF HOPE FOR OUR FUTURE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. It’s Saturday night the 13th day of April 2019. Our house is quiet. Only the sound of the TV and each word I type in my ear but wearing earphones not to disturb Hubs TV program, a medical drama he loves. We have just finished watching a great drama called The Widow. Oh, so far, it’s intriguing, only thing is there was a blindie cringy moment. So, a couple met who were or, are blind and are about to get a treatment that will give them back vision. The lady has been blind since she was 14. The lady sounds quite young, not sure obviously how old she looks or is meant to be, but she sounds 26 ish. And the man who is attracted to her, sounds in his late forties. Well he leans in to give her a kiss and spills his tea on the bedding. Cringe number one, then he mentions that she has to go to work, as wait for it, a piano tuner. Hahahahaha. Well firstly, why does he have to spill his tea because he is blind? And secondly, why can’t she have been a solicitor or teacher? Why a stereo typical blooming piano teacher? At this point, I must say our piano tuner is a sighted man.

 

Then it shows him coming into her flat which he doesn’t really know and he heads straight to the sofa in the sitting room… how does he know where it is?  Having said all that, it’s brilliant and we are loving it. To be continued next week, just wish they wouldn’t portrayal people who are blind as clumsy and making out we can only be piano tuners. I mean, I wonder in her spare time, does she repair cane chairs and weave baskets?

 

100 years today since British troops shot dead Sevillians in India. Awful, sad tragic. Our past is bad. Hundreds were killed and over a thousand injured. Deeply shameful and a scar are just some of the things that were said by our prime ministers of late. Sorry India, is all I have words to say, apparently Indian people started to chant anti English words. No need to kill people because of that though, is there?

 

 I went on the treadmill today. Two days in a row. I was laughing with friends on Facebook yesterday as I told them I was on the mill and the smell of smoke wasn’t good…

As for my sporty attire, I wore Designer Dior black red and yellow running shoes.

OK… Not.

I really wore cotton freebee slippers you get from hotels.

Hahahaha

  My friend was telling me off. Whilst I spoke with her on the phone over messenger. I didn’t tell my Hub he would have gone mad. You can tell I’m a serious sports woman, can’t you? Just by what I was wearing, and whilst running… Well, Okay, walking, talking to my friend on the phone…

 

I need to get focussed, don’t I?

 

In our news the taxi company Uber have made a loss.

In the UK 1 in four beds in our hospitals are taken up with people who have diabetes. And then they are told to eat a low carb diet to reverse the disease. Low carb? I wish I had a chef to cook for me the right foods. I tried today to eat the most revolting things. They are healthy crisps. They are vegetables. Oh gross. They tasted like dog treats, in fact I had to really think where did I get them from and where I found them in my kitchen? They were absolutely disgusting. I gave our dogs a few, they, especially The Little Fella, loved them. And Hub ate the rest. Did I tell you Hub has lost 11 lbs in three weeks? Oh, my he does it every time.

 

Well tomorrow a mega walk again. Not sure where. Hopefully not as long as last week. It’s going to be cold, but hopefully dry. And for Easter weekend, it’s going to be lovely apparently.

 

 Shamrock came around earlier. She has a nice surprise waiting for her I shall tell you more on Monday.

 

Going back to hope what I was writing about the other day. I have in the past focussed on hopeless hope, but what about hope that you are sure somehow you will achieve your desire? What if you have been teased with a glimmer of hope that you pray will turn into something beautiful? Well that is what I am going through right now. I can only hope. Pray that all will be just what I have been waiting for all my life. eyesight, yes that but this what I am hopeful for is not my vision restored but something else, rather than a miracle, more like a dream. I just wish it would hurry up and come true and talk to me in my sleep so when I wake I can tell myself it’s all clear now and I know all is going to be OK as waiting, is just awful, but waiting on positive days for something wonderful, and then come the negative days of thinking it’s all going to come to an ending. Cryptic? Yep, this is.

 

Don’t let something die inside of you whilst you are still living. You can plant hope in your garden. A tiny seed will become a plant which will grow into a tree that will bear fruit. Hope enables us to go forward in life where as fear leaves us immobilized.

 

I’m off to try to sleep now. I will need my strength for tomorrow. So, until the sun shines and the birds start to sing, I shall leave you now under the blanket of the stars. Nighty night.

 

 

No comments: