translate

Friday 26 April 2019

MEXICAN MEMORIES AND MORE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A quick blog as my emotions are all over the place. Firstly, today it was my friend from school’s funeral. Heartbreaking and such a waist of a good kind life. I’m furious. Angry with those who made it easier for him to take his life, so sad he didn’t realise just how much his friends and sister loves him and wanted him but sometimes that doesn’t make any difference if you feel it’s not worth living.

 

He was one of earths inspirations. And on a sad day like today, it’s also been a year since my lovely friend from school lost her much loved Husband. So sad that I have lost my friend and my other friend is hurting as adored her Husband, and then I was due to go out to a place I have always wanted to go, but that was cancelled because of the weather, but then we ended up going somewhere else, the local large designer shopping centre… a bit of a difference to where we were going to go, but hey, will wait until next September to go to the other place. Two emails I received today asked where I was wanting to go so badly, well when I tell you, you may think, oh my goodness. What a Nanna? Hahaha. It was the huge flower festival an hour and a half from where we live. This year’s theme is suburban. So, town. There are streets set out with phone boxes, letter box’s and cars but all made or full of flowers. There are sign posts with words from the suburban dictionary but, again, all made from blooms. So, many stalls selling beautiful baskets and flower displays and so many other items you can admire and, or, buy. It’s absolutely huge. I was hoping to get my friend a gift there for her birthday. They also sell garden gadgets and I guess many more things.

 

So, the three of us did ladies who shopped. And we did, well two of us did one kind of looked. I bought some summer slippers, we looked at some really nice handbags and jewellery from a shop from the American designer Kate Spade. Bless her, she took her life, last year. So sad.

 

My friend bought a beautiful bracelet from there gold, very thin chain with a bumble bee on. Also, in gold. Oh, I felt compelled to go to the Body Shop. No, not for a new body… gosh I wish it was that easy, it sells the best smelly things. I got a fantastic deal. A huge bottle of shower gel. With matching hand cream and body butter as well as small bath fizzes. Guess what fragrance?

 Tangerine. Oh, the smell is so beautiful.

 

We had a coffee at the chocolate shop and admired some lovely clothes, really feminine summer dresses in bright yellows my friend told me. We then went to a cheese and wine shop, my friend tasted I stood at the end where my other friend showed me something of interest, there were bath bombs with fragrances of gin and apple and peach and champagne and prosecco with mango and so on. Oh, I am going to have a great pamper session this weekend. A treat I am so looking forward to.

 

Hub is listening to the radio, one of his favourite authors is reading. He’s called

David Sedaris. I must say he is really funny. He also sounds very much like a lady. But he’s not, as I have read his synopsis of life and he was born a Son… a title in this day in age, we are going to lose. Son’s and daughters, girls and boys, ladies and gentlemen!!! One day we will be known as they, or it or a number…

 

All this week, my Son has been getting up from bed at half seven, leaving for work at half eight and not returning until 9 at night. He works overtime then goes straight to the gym. Gosh, every night. He is dedicated for sure.

 

Our shopping arrived tonight. I bought loads of fruit this week and salads. We have been eating salads a lot of late, I love them.

 

Sham came around and her and I talked until after 11 pm. Earlier our Son showed us a video that was made when he was a baby. Oh memories. My parents’ voices were or, are on there. My Son said he couldn’t believe how young I looked, hahaha, yep, that was when I was, young Son, also before the stresses of being a parent for over 20 years.

 

Gosh memories also about how challenging it was going to his sports day at school. So many people, no route, standing in a huge field without a path to guide me. Wondering if my Son was in that race, and then trying to guess if he came first, second or third? Or even last…. I remember how it wasn’t a case like what it was when I, was at school, where all the parents stood together and didn’t really move, my Sons school you almost covered the huge field moving from different sports. Not being able to cheer him on as didn’t know if he was racing or not, school days were just so painful as a parent who was quite newly blind and who just didn’t have confidence in those days. Always trying so hard not to get in the way of people or cause a scene. Just trying to blend in within the surroundings of a sighted world. Now, I just deal with the fact I’m blind and if people around me don’t like it, fine, let them jog on and that means I have the best friends who want to be with me for the person I am. My friends tell me I’m fun to be with and they love my company. Great as I love them too. And moreover, I never really feel in the way. When I first went blind for a few years, in fact five, I, just felt so ashamed, almost embarrassed. But now, whatever life is for living and my humour brain and tolerance towards others gets me through life.

 

So, what are you doing this weekend? The weather here isn’t looking good.  But we will try to do something. I’m really excited as we have a few theatre concerts planned over the next months. One person I booked tickets for yesterday, I’m going with my dear friend who I love to spend time with, I think she’s going just to go out with us and Hub is going because he knows how much I love this person not only her songs but her humour. And as a person. She is such a warm lady. My friends Husband has told me if I tell anyone he’s agreed to go, he will have to kill me. Hahahahaha. I sent him a text to tell him he needs to calm down as he’s getting too excited, and then when I managed to book tickets, I told him he will be able to sleep now, as I have the confirmation that the seats are booked. Hahaha.

 

I think my Boy Wonder is up at silly time tomorrow may be half six. He’s working from half seven. It’s his choice. He doesn’t have to work A, that early, or B, on a Saturday. But he is saving to buy a house.

 

Sham is working for the next seven weeks at weekends, so they won’t see each other much during day time over the summer. It’s not overtime, she just takes two days off during the week. Oh, she was making me laugh last night telling me funny stories about BW’s packing for her holiday, remember he secretly packed her things as she didn’t know they were going abroad? Well bless him, having said that, the things he took I do not have a clue how on earth he got all that in one tiny case?

 

I’m going to put all of my jumpers away for the winter. Even though it’s not hot yet, the only thing about summer clothing, there’s more ironing.

Oh, and you can’t hide in them!

 

I was reading today that Latin American countries hosted the happiest people in the world and have the less stress. I bet it’s something to do with the lovely weather and the amazing music. I love Latin American music and I have written before how when I used to travel, I loved it when we had tourists from Mexico, as they came with guitars and songs.

 

Wherever you are right now, I hope you have a song in your head and a smile upon your face. If it’s your birthday today sending a very happy birthday as for tomorrow, it’s the birthday of someone who is very special to me. I just wish I could hug her and give her a lovely gift. But she is in my heart and I hope she has a great day.

 

Don’t stress if it’s your birthday and you are getting older. As we get older, three things happen. Firstly, your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two!

 

 

  

 

No comments: