translate

Tuesday 30 April 2019

DIARY OF POUNDS OF SOAP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. It’s a lovely day but with a threat of rain, I hope it waits until I get my washing all dry as I’m going to hang it out as soon as the machine finishes. Is it a British thing, to hang ones washing outside? I doubt many young people in the UK will do that now days as its so much easier to put them in the dryer. Well, I do in winter, but in nice weather, I like to hang them outside on the washing line. It’s therapeutic. Yep, I’m odd.

 

Like I love to clean my windows in the summer. Outside, not in, I hate doing inside. Hahaha. See I’m not the kind to just sit and do nothing in the garden. I feel too guilty so I have to keep moving. So, it’s one way to be in the sun, without the guilt factor!

 

Hub has six hours travel today and tomorrow another load of travel, I think four hours one way as he’s staying overnight tomorrow, but he’s home tonight though it won’t be until later on.

 

His dinner is prepared. As is Boy Wonders. Dish washer emptied and refilled. I have washed all the kitchen down. Done the floors and dusted.  Very domesticated Fi. I have a speech to write this afternoon and then must dash out to the shop I normally like to do that first thing, but today work took over.

 

In the distance I can hear the monkeys in the zoo and the odd bird mixing with the traffic. Oh, my friend sent me a recording of her neighbourhood last night, it’s so peaceful. This is England, meant to be quaint narrow streets with chocolate box houses, horse and carts, milk floats and barrows selling flowers. Haha, oh, am I generations too late for that?

 

My biscuit man is due tonight. Yep, he sells biscuits. In other countries may be known as cookies.  Heart attacks delivered to our doors. But I am good and only have one per day, whereas Hub, oh my, not sure what happened to his diet. He lost 11 lbs in three weeks. Since then, I reccon he’s gained 15. In two weeks.

 

But I can’t talk. Though I’m walking so much more this year. Like 12 miles a couple of weekends ago, only three this weekend but ten a few weekends ago. I’m not losing a single lb. in fact I had, note, had, put on 4 lbs, but weighed myself this morning and on the third attempt, it was confirmed I had lost 3 lbs. my weighed goes up and down like a lift-elevator.

I cleaned that one up!

 

I wish I could lose a pound for every time my talking scales said to me. “Error””

Yep, that’s me one big mistake.

 

There is a drama I have totally avoided all of my life. It’s a drama that every single person I know, loves. Not me. Never. Not ever. I have tried to watch it as how can I possibly be the only person in Britain not to enjoy such a drama? So, I have sat through the terrible acting and corny storylines. I have tried to endure the painful soap. I can’t get into it, well, couldn’t.

 

Oh, my goodness. I’m almost ashamed to admit to being addicted to this soap. I haven’t told a single soul. It’s all my friends’ fault. A couple of months ago, yes, eight weeks, she started to tell me about a storyline in the show. It sounded really interesting. But no, it couldn’t be, surely? Dare I try again? I just am so interested in psychology, people’s minds. And this was a mind game for sure. Well I firstly sat through the start of it bored and prepared to switch it off after ten minutes. But I was shocked in how much the actors had improved. Well the men. the women all but a couple, are the same as I remembered.  Dreadful. But the story even seemed really good. Gosh, no, was I watching the same soap? Yep, as you can’t misinterpret the tune as it’s been the same for 59 years, yes Bloggets that is how old this soap is.

 

The storyline at the moment is so sad, but normally it’s quite light humoured. But right now, the guy who is themed is such a brilliant actor and my heart actually aches for him. Yes, that is how much I’m now involved in this soap that I never would sit through because of the dreadful story and acting.

 Not sure what has happened, have the actors improved, do they have new writers? Or, am I getting old?

Don’t answer that…

 

But I do wonder.

 

I mean, we even record it now and when Shamrock came around last night, we were watching it, so paused it not to miss any. Tragic isn’t it? Hahahaha. Oh goodness, what soap is it? I feel like I’m about to confess to a Priest.

Coronation Street!

*HIDES BEHIND SOFA IN SHAME! *

In 1987, Christmas day Cori, had the highest viewings ever in the UK at a whopping 27,000,000

On average I think it gets about 8 million per episode and it’s on three nights per week on what I call our relaxed channel of ITV.  I mean it’s popular. And now I’m among the Cori fans.

Did I say that?

*One reaches for the remote control and switches on BBC 2…. *

  

 

No comments: