translate

Friday 12 April 2019

TGIF BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I have eventually booked tickets to take Hub to the theatre. It was a challenge but managed and I hope it will be a great night. I shall tell you more when the time is near. But I personally have never been to anything like this before and I love the theatre. And, we have front row tickets… That’s just so we can see. Hahaha. I wish, well at least we will be able to hear everything.  It’s not something that needs audio either. Oh, I can’t wait. I love the theatre.

 

Our Son is out tonight with his pal who left work, but I’m really hopeful he has found another job already. It’s so hard to find work now days there are too many people looking and because so many people go to university now, the employers are requesting degrees for jobs you never needed degrees for before.

 

Six months my boy has been at his job. He is  doing so well. He’s amazing me every day.

 

We were watching a program about growing tomatoes in England last night. Oh, it’s so cruel. Firstly, they grow them in huge green houses as obviously we don’t get enough sun. Artificial pink lighting is used to make the plants think it’s sunny then they are frozen as in the temperature goes so cold at nights almost to put them in shock. Then they are starved of water. If you don’t give them lots of water, they produce natural sugar as apparently, we like sweet tomatoes. What I don’t understand is, when I was a child, my Mum and Dad, used to take me to local green houses where a man almost in a shed used to sell his produce of tomatoes and cucumbers and they were so sweet and he didn’t have any fancy lighting and I’m sure he didn’t freeze them or not give them enough water. And they were perfectly sweet and delicious. So, perhaps that was when they were in season? So, if we are wanting them out of season, may be this is what we have to do? Well in that case, I would buy from countries where they have all year-round sun. I believe in buying British, but if it’s not in season, I shall think twice now!

 

Just what if, what if plants do have feelings?

What if they hurt? Feel pain? I mean we don’t really know, do we?

 

Today my friend Marks sister Deb is having a get together with his friends those who really loved him who can get there. My friend who sadly died last weekend. I hope they will all look after Deb as she is a lovely lady and has the best interests for Mark’s memory. His friends are so loyal and mixed emotions will be flowing now. This weekend, the places where my friend used to run, are having a minute’s silence. Why is it we wait until people have died to say how much we cared, loved, respected them? When I can I do tell people how I feel, I have learned the hard way. I just wish to God that Mark knew before just what people thought of him? Then our friend would still be here. Though, having said that, you have to believe you are loved, don’t you? No matter how many people tell you, you, have to believe it. Otherwise they are just words. But people don’t say or share their feelings easily, so if someone tells you they love you, they need you, they care for you, please try to believe them? Know what an impact you will have on their pain if you leave them? So, care about yourself? Not bother with others? You are struggling dealing with your own feelings and emotions? Well, one day, if you hang in there a little longer, you will be telling people who want to leave this world earlier what I am telling you. You never know what is around your corner of life. Our maker has a plan for us all. Please trust that. It can’t rain forever. The sun has to come out. And it will, tell me how it has for you please and pass positive feelings onto our Bloggets who need this.

 

What do Fridays mean to you? Well Hub and I have mixed feelings. Boarding school kind of messed with our days. If I was going home on Friday, then great, exciting but not sure how to come down from Friday Freedom Day to Sunday return to hell day. And sometimes Fridays meant that those you cared for your friends at school, almost your family, were all going home on Friday, but you had to stay behind. There were few of us at school at the weekends. Sometimes only two girls. There always seemed to be more boys. So, it was so sad to say goodbye to our friends as we would miss them. We were envious of them going home. We also knew those who had to stay behind were in for a horrid tough weekend for many reasons. But now it means end of working week. Two days of being with my Husband and hopefully a little more time with my Son.

 

Times now when most people work six days per week, it’s difficult to define Fridays. I have a Blogget who goes to the hair dressers every Friday and gets her nails done every other Friday and once a month treats herself to a massage. Gosh, what a gal. hahaha. How lucky is she? But she is a Solicitor so she has a stressful week I’m sure. I have men friends who play golf on a Friday afternoon then a drink in the pub. And other friends who have time with their own family away from work. But then there are people who Fridays are like any other day. So, there are no days that mean anything. Then why not give yourself a treat on that day? Even if it is ordering yourself a take out to be delivered? Just something to look forward to, once a week. One Blogget, Sarah, wrote to me she looks forward to Fridays as she sits with a glass of wine and reads my weeks blogs. Hahah, poor soul, not sure this week would be fun reads?

 

Whatever Friday means to you, let me know by email or message in some other way, may be on my other web address and I won’t say your name if you don’t want me to but by next week we will share peoples funny and loving ideas what you all do at the end of the week.

If someone tells you they need to hear before Friday, that means Thursday at the latest. If they say by Friday, they mean by end of working day Friday.

 

Well I don’t mind when you write to me, you can email me

 

   TGIF

Thank God it’s Friday.

 

No comments: