translate

Tuesday 2 April 2019

DIARY OF A CUDDLE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Today we went to the cinema to see a horror movie. I think it was or is, called US. TBH, I wouldn’t really recommend it though the acting was good, but basically the story was unbelievable. Firstly, people all wearing red would form a chain holding hands and they would kill people. Well cities were infected by these people doppelgangers. And the so-called good guys were fighting them with things like cricket bats and golf clubs. Well let me tell you the film was from America. My first reaction was, well, where are all the guns? Surely one family if not all, have guns? But no one in the whole movie had a gun, so, that made it a bit odd. If it had been set in England, it would be more believable as I personally don’t know anyone who has a gun but if it was in England, it would be knives and it was knives and scissors of all things that were being used to kill with. Even the Police didn’t seem to have guns…

 

Anyway, it was a little scary, but it was also half eleven in the morning, so we only shared the full cinema with two other people.

 

We then went to the recycling tip, to drop off rubbish. How exciting? It was raining so we couldn’t go out for our walk sadly. We ended up meeting with friends at night time and going for the last time to our local pub. The owners are leaving tomorrow. No quiz, just chat and bye bye.

 

Going back to the recycling tip. Did you know if you crush a drinks can, you are invalidating it from being recycled? It has something to do with the machine knowing what it is dealing with. So, best thing is for you to recycle it whole. My Dear Martin, are you reading this? I know you are a bit of a crusher…

 

It’s fast forwarding to midnight now. I guess I should go to bed. But I seemed to have been so busy of late, I feel I haven’t had my time to write to you all. Thank you all for your emails. I’m so excited to read at least one of them I noticed in my in box. And that person knows who they are.

 

Happy birthday to Michael today I hope you have had a great day.

 

Our day has been good but we have had some sad news, but such is life. we will live through it.

 

Thank you to all of you from the other writing group I’m in. a group where I have had some lovely comments from you and I will answer you all over the next couple of days.

 

Our news is infuriating me with an ask for an extension over Brexit. What difference is that going to make?

 

Some happy news. Apparently, a cuddle or, and, a kiss, from someone can help with healing physical and emotional conditions. Well, something to do with the increase of oxytocin, not sure about you, but that oxy stuff sounds like something I wouldn’t want? and it depends on who you are getting a cuddle and a kiss from? If it’s a hairy lipped latching on old aunt, not sure I would feel better?

 

 Yesterday I was talking about the most expensive shoes at seventeen million and the trainers that are £2000,700, well today I was reading about the most expensive burger. Guess how much? Go on, have a guess?

It has a gold dusted bun. And it will cost you£700.

Would you really want to eat that? I would feel too guilty even if they did a vegetarian one…

 

A spelling test on line from 1984, has people getting just half the correct answers. Well that was when I was at school, and on a good day, if I got half the correct spellings, I was happy. So, if they are easier spellings out there now, I would be OK.  I taught English for a while too. Haha, and I loved it. It was a strange time as the students were all older than me. I went to learn French at night classes and got talked into teaching during the day. A class for adults. In the end, my stupid eyes failed me as the class was really visual and it was the days before tech also, I didn’t read Braille. I could see then quite well, but not enough to read as much as what was expected. When I left the teachers called me many times to ask if I would go back, but I was a chicken, long story but I just couldn’t do it for so many reasons.

 

I would love to be a teacher. I feel it is in my blood. I’m too old now but if I had met my now Hub ten years earlier, then I would have gone to university. people ask me if I were to get my eyesight back through a cure or treatment, what would I do for a job? That is a great question for which I don’t have the answer, as it would be something I had to study for as in university, and by the time I came out the other end three years plus, then I would be even more ancient than what I am now… so I would have to stick with a job where I don’t have to study for and that would be art. It is my dream to be an artist. I know that wouldn’t make me rich. But I would be happy. I would spend a lot of time with people not so fortunate as myself too, so I would be rich in thoughts and my heart.

 

And on that note, I have so much to do before I do visit the blanket show, I best go for now. until we chat again, take care cos I care. Remember one thing. If you don’t try it you will never know.

 

 

 

No comments: