translate

Friday 5 April 2019

THE TREE OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Trying to write this before an interview I’m doing in a few moments. Not long been in. I went out with my dear friend Geordie for lunch. It was lovely, though she was as always, honest with me and gave me one of her sisterly mini talks. We are really close and can do that with each other. She’s the kind of person though when she tells you off, you know it. Haha.

 

A night in front of the TV tonight then a lovely relaxing bath with bath fizzers before my hike this weekend. Not sure where I’m going on Sunday, but it will involve a long walk.

 

Watching a program about trees last night. A machine that looks like a baby’s pram measures the water under ground to tell how old the tree is. Trees that were seedlings four hundred years ago. How do trees keep themselves upright? The roots make up a quarter of the tree’s weight. 34 meters of roots keep up the huge ancient tree the roots only go down a couple of meters but as I said, spread 34 meters outwards to steady the tree.

 

Not only do the roots support the tree but they are the tree’s life support system. Did you know that fungi breaks down the soil and releases the nutrients and the roots suck the nutrients up to feed the trees?

   

Trees are our lifeline. Without them we couldn’t exist, because they produce most of the oxygen that humans and wildlife breathe. Trees absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and release oxygen using the process of photosynthesis.

 

Forests act as giant air filters for the world. We must fight deforestation which continues at alarming rates worldwide in 2016 the world bank reported that the equivalent of 1000 football fields or 800 soccer pitches of forest has been lost every hour since 1990. That is shocking isn’t it?

 

I must have written some time ago that I was growing my fringe out, can’t remember doing that, but I must have said something as I got an email from a lovely called Jan who asked me if I grew my fringe out? Haha, I did laugh as I thought out of all the questions, I get asked, that has to be the best one. The one that I would ask. I wrote back telling her I did. She wrote back asking how as she has tried so many times and she remembers I have tried too loads of times to grow it out

        

I told her I bought those gold hair pins but there are two types one looks as if they are open the kind you put in buns and the other kind are proper grips. You can get different colours but I got gold to blend in with my hair. There were so many times I was ready to grab the scissors. But I resisted. And I’m pleased I did because I like it now. also, I bought hair spray. I have never used that may be a couple of times when I had short hair the hair dresser put it on me, but that was thirty five years ago when I was a very young girl because my hair is naturally curly so no matter if I got it cut short in a style, to stop it from curling, they would spray it. And that lasted a day, before my style went to the same one that it was every day.

And now, science. Yep, Tree’s to hair to science. Evidence has been discovered to prove that life once existed on Mars.

Researchers from Hungary have analysed a Martian meteorite found on earth and found traces of the organic matter including different forms of bacteria this could prove that not only Mars had thriving life but other planets too.

 

Researchers say apparently rivers on Mars were twice as wide as rivers on earth but because of climb it change, they dried out.

 

They say its good news that water can survive on the red planet, so life in the future may be possible. Oh, I know I go on about it, but we have water here, care for what we have?

 

And I also always say, I believe we came from somewhere like Mars. We crashed into life on earth because we screwed up where we lived, just as we are doing here. Who knows Adam and Eve may have been the two first people on earth and we all originate from them? I guess when we blow earth up, a select amount of humans will be chosen to go and live on a new world of Mars for example and who knows, up there, in a million years’ time, a new Bible will exist I mean, I was writing last week that a Bible has been put on the moon… Someone may find that in years to come and think that is how life started on that planet, and they will be right. I wish I could press the pause button on humanity at the moment.

 

I was talking to someone the other day, he is a Professor at our university. Apparently, there are eleven different titles for his students. Eleven? So, people are not straight or gay now, and people are allowed to be a girl one day and boy the next. I honestly think we are going too far. If someone is gay, fine, but to change their mind as if to change their socks? And all the people now having babies saying they are not going to say if they are girls or boys? Well give them another title, so they still have a title, it’s going to make children have no identity.

 

In our health headlines, they are saying that one drink a day increases the risk of a stroke.

Everything is bad for you, food, lack of exercise, smoking eating meat. My only bad, is I like food that isn’t good for me. Like fried chips. But I don’t have them more than twice a week. I also need to move more. But I don’t drink, or smoke or eat meat. And still I’m sure I’m a walking health hazard…

 

I’m certainly not friends with my talking scales. The ladies voice inside of them tells lies I’m sure. To say the numbers she says, I bet she uses a calculator?

 

Do you know why the diet coach sent her clients to the paint store?

She heard they could get thinner there.

 

Well I hope you have a lovely weekend whatever you end up doing, remember to give yourself a treat, whether it be a relaxing bath or get your bestie to do your nails for you or may be have the guys around for a curry, or even chill with a good book. or perhaps you are going out with friends. Have a great one and remember, to pass over the mistakes of others. Forget your past and think of your future. A new start to heal your broken heart. Take a risk or you will never know what you could have had.

 

No comments: