translate

Thursday 11 April 2019

DIARY OF HOPE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Last night, I was listening to the news all about the elections in India.  Did you know that over half of people from India, are under the age of 25?

 

Also, last night, I was messaging with someone so very special to me. Someone who fills my heart with pride. And my Son has just got in from the gym where he has been for a few hours. I love his dedication.

 

The air is filled with spring. Blooms and freshly cut grass as well as a thin layer on the ground of ice. It’s going to be so cold during the night tonight. An yet today has been so warm.

 

One of my Dear Bloggets, Carrie Ann has her operation today. Just a shout to you, and sending so much love and positive thoughts.

 

Sophronia, have you heard of that lady’s name before? It’s the name of a relative of my friend and our Blogget Jim. He’s American. It’s an unusual name, isn’t it?

 

Brexit is now driving me crazy. It’s totally pathetic. And other parts of news that have interested me is as follows.

In the UK, £12,500 is the basic amount you can earn before you need to start to pay tax. Saturday is your last day to get your tax sorted for the year, before the new year starts. Did you know, that you are responsible for your tax, not the Government? Even though they may keep sending us the wrong tax codes, apparently, it’s up to us to check and change if necessary.

 

Primark, have you heard of that shop? Personally, I despise it with a passion, but it’s popular. Well, the worlds largest Primark has opened in Birmingham UK so big, a drone flew through it to show coverage. There are queues outside of it for opening day. Good grief, I really really don’t like that shop. I don’t know what the obsession is. Yes, it’s really cheap but that to me is very obvious by the quality.

 

This is scary and something I touched on a few months ago. Alexa, the listening device has been reported to be listened to by humans and recordings of a woman singing in the shower and a couple having sex is said to have been recorded and listened to by humans. As I said before, the device has to be listening all the time to know when you say its name! I don’t like it.

 

The webcam on your computer, on our lap top it’s a circle on the edge of your screen well they say that you can be watched through that. My friend who is a computer scientist, covers his up. I’m going to get tape for mine. Not the clear stuff. It’s not that I have anything to hide from the Government, but from hackers, yes.

Have you heard of the UK’s chef Gordon Ramsay? He swears a lot. Not keen. Well his wife has just had a baby Oscar and he was photographed wearing a bib with 3 Michelin stars on! The baby, not Gordon…

 

New species of pre-human found in the Philippines.

  And now to the future, methane has disappeared from Mars. We are reassured not to worry as this doesn’t mean we can’t live on Mars one day. Well guys, I’m not wanting to live on mars thank you.

But seriously, how long do you, think it will take us to finish this planet and have to go elsewhere? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in my Sons life time and he is 22. I pray I’m so wrong.

 

Did you hear about the estate where neighbours began to disappear? Who would want to live there? In fact, where is this place, I shall tick it off my next move house list. Peebles in Scotland. A lovely area. Well overnight, families at the top of the estate started to disappear but there were no for sale signs up and no one new, was moving in.

 

One lady from the estate said it became like a ghost street. People were just disappearing, never to be seen again.

The same lady heard after a while, that the company who billed the houses were buying back the houses because of faults.

The owners had signed non-discloser forms, so they couldn’t speak out.

The few people left in the estate paid for tests and found that only 1 in 8 samples from their home met with building guide lines.

Something to do with the amount of sand and the mortar.

On the garages, the tests came back that the bricks were just made from sand. Oh my, gosh.

 

The company in this case was Taylor Wimpey.

The residence were all told that their properties could collapse at any time. There is so much bad publicity now for new homes. It’s so sad. In the UK we were known for our amazing builders. I’m so not sure what is happening now.

 

Well at last after many years the families left on the estate are going to get their houses fixed by the same company who built them. To be honest, I wouldn’t want that I would need to get out of there but the poor people will loss so much money as the house builders wouldn’t buy the houses off them, but they did the first few families? I guess they were the lucky ones, no way I would want those builders anywhere near my build.

 

Though the initial headline grabbed me to the attention to read, sounding like a real-life horror movie, I guess it was, or is, but no one would go to the cinema to watch that. But, what a start to a horror story for anyone out there who writes that kind of genre.

 

For those in the UK a funny new comedy started called Don’t forget the driver. It’s on BBC 2. I have missed two of the shows, I need to pay attention to BBC 2 more as they are sneaking up with some really good programs. BBC 2 used to be so boring to me, but now it’s really improving, or, am I getting old?

(Don’t answer that)

 

I read today something from a lovely Blogget who wrote these words. Worry is not a badge of love. You don’t get points for worry. It’s a tool that is used by the devil, to build his kingdom.

Well re worry, I must be keeping that devil in a palace. But it’s so true, when you learn how not to worry about certain things, the feeling of peace is just beautiful. Really almost so peaceful that you feel so free and so at one with your spiritual side. I would say there are a couple of things I no longer worry about now that used to eat me away. So, I worry less by about 10 percent and when I realise that I no longer am worrying about that, I feel so light as if floating.

 

Well I think this weekend may be a stressful start but Sunday we may be going out with a birthday girl. In the meanwhile, I need to book tickets for a venue. It’s proving to be challenging, but I shall try again. And then I’m out for a walk with Waggatail. Not anywhere exciting, just the long way around the block. I hope we do better than we did yesterday. It’s quite a nice day. All the garden and D.I.Y tools are singing in my avenue of all sorts. And I think I may hang out my first washing of the year. Spring really is here. What will this year bring us? I hope better for some than has come already. Though so far this year has brought me two beautiful gifts that I pray and hope will be in my life forever.

 

Some links of interest at the bottom but before I go some words.

For those who really struggle to rise in the morning and plant their feet upon the floor, who really don’t know if they can carry on with the motions of getting out of bed, those negative less than optimal feelings, instantly take a back seat to the inspirational power of hope.

 We all need more aspiration, love, hope and kindness in our lives. Remember that sadness and depression can be a state of mind but not everything that makes people feel like that is a reality as if we find hope we have the strength to dig our way out of the hole we have found ourselves in.

We don’t know what our children will remember or forget, but everyday moments will be the most valued and provide hope. And finally, try to replace bad pasts with hopeful futures!

 


 


  

No comments: