translate

Monday 29 April 2019

DIARY OF POSITIVITY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Sunday was cold but at least dry. I went to some shops to buy so many little different silly things. I’m talking birthday cards, salad, a rug and flowers. Hahaha. Seriously. Like my blogs can be all over the place, as can my shopping list.

 

The rugs I saw were beautiful. But I was told that they would take two weeks to come to the shop. I mean, you can order from Amazon and have one the next day if you want. No wonder our shops are closing. Oh, get this though, one rug was £195, but if I quote wanted to take the one off the floor….  I could have it for £10, less. Hahaha, em, no!

Who would want to pay £185 for a rug that had been on the shop floor for however long? Had a coffee table on it on display four legs making marks in the rug, who knows whose shoes had been treading on it and if a child had put a sticky bit of paper from a sweet or an adult had spilled a cup of coffee over it? I don’t get that, why do furniture shops offer hot drinks?  Well another rug I loved oh I fell in love with that and the sofa that was being sold near it. But it was so unpractical for our dogs especially as one is cream. The sofa, which I don’t need as got one last year, is red suede. Oh, it was luxurious. The rug I wanted for our house, was so thick and heavy and it was all the warm colours reds, orange and caramels. I thought it would be beautiful as our walls are caramel, our fire breast wall has wall paper that is caramel same as the painted walls with outline of black flowers. Our fireplace is white marble with a polished black wood. Black piano and sofa and chairs. We have a cream TV unit and black shelving with my fairies, angels, elephants and other collections on. So, I have bright cushions to stand out on our sofa and chairs, so I thought a bright rug would look nice too.

Em.

Not at almost £400, it wouldn’t. especially because our rug in our lounge is a daytime dog bed. Haha, we have wooden floors but you can guarantee if one is to be sick, it will be on the rug. All the wood easy to clean, nope, let’s do it on my Mummy’s rug. So, I have always just bought a cheap rug from Amazon but firstly I don’t know what they look like or how they feel. But I came home the description of the rug I picked was multi coloured circles… what colours? How thick would it be? Not sure, but so far, I have been really lucky with rugs. They have looked really nice according to my Boy Wonder and friends, but I have always been conservative in my choice of pattern. Multi circles was never on my list but I’m feeling very daring these days and taking big risks. And, it was £50. So, if I have to change it in a year, so be it, but to pay five times that amount? If I didn’t have dogs, then I would have done, though still think its madness you have to wait two weeks for it to come, obviously from India. By boat. How can Amazon do it in one day or a few max? of course the one I have ordered is going to take three days, and I’m excited to see what on earth I have picked. If you can see, imagine ordering something like rug, bedding or clothes without seeing what they look like? Some may be saying now, I couldn’t, I wouldn’t. then what do you do for a rug, bedding, clothing? We have no choice sometimes.

 

It was really funny as I went to the shop with my GF and Hub. GF described the colours to us. And a woman came over to us and suggested that we may want the lift/elevator? If we do it’s in the corner. Hahahaha. Em, it’s me eyes that don’t work love, not my legs that are broken, well, maybe she saw me doing our marathon walk a couple of weeks ago. I needed a piggin lift then, I tell you….

 Over the weekend, I had a lovely chat by messenger with a very special person which really did make my weekend. And Sham came with a Chinese take away, she offered to give us some bless her, I was good and said no, plus I couldn’t take the poor babies dinner off her. Oh, but it smelled so good. I was trying to be good as had salad for dinner. But after that teasing fragrance, I had to spoil my goodness and had a bag of crisps and some malt loaf. Bad me.

 Today though, I walked some of it off. Only some.

 

It’s now Monday. I asked Alexa what the weather was like and she told me it was going to be cold and raining. I put my coat on and weatherproof shoes.

 It didn’t rain.

It was boiling.

I proceeded to tell everyone in the shop, in the chemist, and then the chip shop, oh, isn’t it boiling? Hahaha, none of them agreed. I got home dumped my bags and said to Hub who was or is, working from home today, it’s so hot? He said, and he’s always hot, no. I’m cold…. You can’t be, I exclaimed. He replied he was. Well, I must have been having a hot. He was laughing at me when I told him I was like a mad woman telling everyone that it was hot, and it all came with sound effects. Puffing and waving my hand in front of my face…

Oh, I am so uncool.

 

Hub actually took a lunch break something he never does when he works either from home or the office. A whole twenty minutes. We sat in our conservatory and enjoyed a lovely unhealthy lunch. But I walked to get it and its salad for dinner for me tonight. I’m going soon to cook for our Son, going to cook a huge pasta dish. It will give him a big dinner and he can take some for work tomorrow.

 

When Waggatail and I were walking today, oh, the smells of Spring were so good. The freshly cut grass and the beautiful blooms. So sweet this time of year. We passed the zoo but the monkeys must have been in for feeding time as it was so quiet. It was such a pleasant walk today. Even the chemist was a breeze today. They have so many shelves to get to the till, but Waggs walked me straight to the counter. And even brought me out to the door, rather than the floor to ceiling window, Hahah. Have you ever tried to get out of one of those?

As I said, I’m so uncool.

 

A day of appreciation. I don’t know how sad lonely or difficult life would be without my guide dog. Thank God for her and all who are involved in getting our dogs to us. And a day that I have had a lovely chat with a dear friend and messages from a much loved relative last night.

 

 Some quotes before I go, let’s turn to some habitually optimistic people who see the bright side of life.

 

“Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.””

William James

 

” Be the change that you wish to see in the world.””

Mahatma Gandhi

 

Motivation comes from working on things we care about

Sheryl Sandberg

 

“Time gone by isn’t ours to recover, but our future is ours to win! ” Don’t you just love that? Isn’t that positive? We are in control Bloggets of our destiny, not in the big things but certainly in the little things that could lead to big things. If you are afraid to take that step, what will happen if you stand still? You will never know.

No comments: