translate

Monday 22 April 2019

DIARY OF THE SUNSHINE AND REGRETS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 We have had a lovely relaxing day just some housework and family time. I have pealed so many vegetables I have a blister on my finger…. Honestly, what am I like? I have never had a blister with pealing veg. but there was a load. Hub was making turkey stew and I needed veg for our dinner tonight.

 

Oh, dinner was delicious. Around the table a proper family meal. I love it when we are together eating, conversations and good food. We had the big door open and the birds serenaded us and the early evening sun still found its way through the windows. I bought some lilies last Saturday, and they still are looking beautiful and smell even better! I keep them on my dining table as it’s glass, so hopefully easier to remove the stains that sometimes lilies cause when they start to fall.

 

  Watching a program earlier they were talking about children getting pocket money. Saying that kids today got on average a thousand pounds per year. One presenter said she paid her children £10, to wash the dishes. £10? I need that job…. Another lady said that when she was a child, she had to do things like dish washing etc as a chore, and wouldn’t expect to get paid for it. The first lady said that when she was a child, she had to deliver newspapers to get pocket money. But she went on to say to prove she really isn’t in touch with the real world of today. “Imagine if we asked kids today to deliver papers? They wouldn’t do it.””

 Em, excuse me honey, but who do you think delivers newspapers today? Children, just like in years gone by, the same lady obviously is from a rich family, went on to say she delivered the papers with her Mum driving her where she needed to be…. And what about a bike or backpack? Oh, my word, talk about a different world. The same person said how her children are home schooled. Gosh, I hope they, learn about life.

 

 Thought for today. Regrets. I was talking with someone today who has a huge regret. But what is regret? Something you now, wished you had done way back or not too long ago in your life? at the time, you had a choice, now you know it was the wrong decision. But there is nothing you can do about your past apart from make things better for now and your future. No matter how much you regret, and I’m sure more people have regrets than have feelings of impenitence, but at the end of the day, what is done is done, but what can you do, is the question.

 

There are people in my life I am so pleased to have said goodbye to, but there are people I have never really said hello to but dream to meet one day. Those people I could have met so many years ago, but life told me not to. Now I’m older and I hope wiser, I need to put things right and embrace what could be rather than what could have been.

 

Regrets only can eat us up. They can affect our life but what we try to do at least about those situations, can shape our future and turn on lights, open those curtains and let in the sun for all involved.

 

Stop worrying about what if and think about what will and what when!

 

 

No comments: