translate

Sunday 14 April 2019

SURPRISE SECRET BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well what a past few weeks of keeping Mum. In other words, keeping a secret. Our Son decided to surprise his girlfriend Shamrock by arranging a lovely meal, a gathering with friends and afterwards he would take her to a hotel where they would leave the next day to get to the airport. Then they would fly abroad.

 

It was our job to play along with it I suggested I would ask Sham if she wanted to go for a meal tonight. That was yesterday. She agreed. I said I had booked it. Well I knew they wouldn’t even be in the country. We then had to keep her busy and entertained whilst Boy Wonder went to her parent’s house to pack a case. So, Hub played the piano and I sang. Hahaha. Joking, we opened a bottle of prosecco. And chatted.

 

As my boy hugged me before he left, I felt so sad as it was going to be for a week before I would see him again, but this holiday meant a lot to him. He is so kind to Sham. He has worked really hard for this. I’m waiting with beating heart to hear from him to see if they got to their hotel OK. As they are making their own way from the airport in a place they have never been before. They are real travellers now I just can’t wait until their back and I know he’s safe but I really hope he has a great time. I’m sure Sham will love her stay and they are staying in a beautiful hotel. All this for her birthday. Whatever happened to a box of chocolates or perfume?

 

I say that every year. Since they have got together, they have been to Amsterdam, Rome, Prague, the Caribbean twice and another place I can’t remember where now. Next year they are going to America.

 

Talking of holidays, well, there’s a kind of link, now whether this is true I don’t know, it’s just what I have read of late. In Disney World Florida, there are no mirrors in the bathrooms above the sinks. There is a huge mirror as you leave. Why is this? Apparently, it’s to not make the bathrooms be full of the same people for long People spend more time if there is a mirror above their sink rather than having a glance of themselves as they leave. Also, they are hard to keep clean and because there are no cameras in bathrooms, if there were mirrors apparently, they may, get vandalised. And did you know there were some things not allowed in Disney World? Like folding chairs. Musical instruments. Any remote-controlled toys are also not allowed. Wrapped gifts, if you are taking a birthday gift, it must be wrapped inside the park, as on your way in, you will have to unwrap your gift for security. This surprised me, you are not allowed to take a selfie stick into Disney World. Gosh, really? Can you imagine this, ashes, nope do not take those into the park? Hahaha. Gosh, who would? Well I guess if you are a huge fan of the place, you may want your ashes spread there, but it’s on the no no list.no weapons.  Gosh, in America, no guns in Disney World? Well thank goodness for that. So, it is an innocent place after all?

  

Well we went to the shop today to buy a turkey for Hub for Easter. I got some Easter eggs and a Simnel cake, oh, I love those. I also bought myself a treat of a bunch of lilies. They are deep purple in colour. I hope they will have a fragrance. Some lilies do, some don’t.

 

I couldn’t believe how busy the two shops were. Especially the first one. Why is it in holiday time, people panic shop and bulk buy? Could it be because family are coming so they need additional food? May be, or could it be the threat that on Easter Sunday and Christmas day, the shop dares to close? As if we can’t survive for a day? We dropped food and flowers off at home and turned around to go out again.

 

We then took our dogs for a walk through a huge park a few miles away. But it was far too cold. It was around a lake and very open so on a day like today when Jack Frost has returned to the UK, not sure if he got lost as he left us ages ago, but he’s back, and didn’t we know it? Buu’uu’uurr

 

Our walk was shorter than we hoped, we walked about 5 K, that’s about 3 miles. So, less than half what we normally do but still, it was better than nothing and then on our return home, into our lovely warm house, I popped on the kettle to make a cupper for Hub and myself, and my friend came with home made cakes…. Well, that blew my diet out of the window, but how could I refuse? It would be rude, right? I shall make up for it tomorrow on the treadmill and for dinner today I had salad only.

And two bits of cake.

Well I had to, as she made two different kinds and she will want to know what I thought of them, how could I say well I only tried one? She would think I was ungrateful or the other cake didn’t appeal…. True, right?

I like to oblige when possible. Haha.

 

Soon I shall be closing our curtains and settling in for a night of TV. Chilling with my love and my much loved, fur pals.

 

I shall light a candle for my dear friend Mark. It’s a week today since I learned of his parture from this world. I miss him so much. Seven days when we haven’t spoken, well not in real life, as I have certainly spoken to him just didn’t hear an answer back, though felt his presence for sure. I have cried to him and smiled with him as well as shouted at him this week and if he was here on earth as a human, he would have answered me back in his calm voice. Bless him. May he fly with the angels and be happy now! I just wish his friends and Sister could feel as happy as I hope for him.

 

A very happy birthday to my big Brother. And a happy holiday to my Niece and family who have left today for their sunny holiday. Tomorrow my Dearest friend and our Blogget Louise is having surgery, all my love and best wishes are sent to you Louise. Please let me know how you get on when you are able?

 

To Donna, I saw there was an email from you, I shall read it tomorrow and reply. Great to hear from you. And thank you to Christine for your lovely comments.

 

And finally, subject for today.

 

Food that really is so healthy for us that it’s almost medicinal.

Apples contain quercetin a powerful antioxidant that protects brain cells from degeneration. I know that apples are also so good for our heart too. Something about removing the fat from our heart. Apples breaks down the fat. Apples protect against colon cancer and adults who eat apples are something like 37% less chance   to have high blood pressure. Those who eat 1 apple per day also have 27 per cent less chance to develop diabetes.

 

Apricots are high in iron and potassium a mineral essential for nerve and muscle function that also helps to maintain normal blood pressure and balance body fluids so after we have eaten healthy food, then what if we have bad breath? I receive a few unusual emails and one last week asked me my advice on how to get rid of his bad breath, well, I’m probably the last person to advice you on this as I’m not a doctor or dentist, but I did read that dairy makes you have bad breath as do curry’s and coffee. But one good tip I read was to drink plenty of water as one sign of bad breath could be you are dehydrated.

 

Red wine can leave you dehydrated as well as a coating of bacteria in your mouth.

Nice

 

Well, just as I close this blog for today, I have heard from my baby. He’s landed, so, next stage when he gets to his hotel.

 

OK Monday tomorrow. The start of our week. Keep your emails coming in with suggestions and we shall chat tomorrow. I have been asked to write about memories. Well, my blogs are full of them, I fear I may repeat myself, but I shall try to write a short blog on a memory with a twist.

 

Take care cos I care.

 

 

No comments: