translate

Sunday 21 April 2019

PEACE DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 It was a lovely day with lovely people. We took a walk along a riverbank, well it was a flat path, that is a great thing to start with, no walls and mountains to climbed like yesterday. Oh, it was so nice, peaceful. The odd boat went by and trains chuggered by on a near track, whilst the wildlife sounded to our pleasure. Beautiful smells of flowers filled the air, and pure air that was a lovely gift. We walked for about four may be five miles. Then we rewarded ourselves by calling in to a fantastic restaurant where we sat in the garden as it was so hot. There is a train line that runs just past the garden. The restaurant is a train that is static. You can stay there overnight too. When it’s not so nice, you can sit in the carriage’s but we opted for the garden.

 

Nearby cockerels could be heard and there were other animals close to us too.

 

I had the best lime and lemonade to drink.

 

We had some Greek food and just chilled with great conversation all afternoon. Our dogs as always were brilliant. The staff at the restaurant were really lovely. All in all, it was a great day.

 

And now home, our dogs have been fed, the sun is still out, and I’m exhausted. I have had my vitamin D this weekend for sure. Also, my exercise. Mind you, a person close to my heart did a bike ride yesterday for 25 miles, she puts me to shame with her fitness.

 

It’s been a great night for TV. Hub and I have eaten our Easter eggs and our Son had his vegan egg, he loved it but he has one more to go. we have watched some great programs including my fave drama The Durrells, Victoria and now the cream the exquisite Michael Bublé

Oh my, he still hasn’t asked me for a cheeky kiss, obviously too busy right now, but I’m patient if you are reading this Mr B.

Hehehehehe

 

Hub cooked his turkey it’s driving the dogs crazy. I’m sure they will get some though.

 

In our news this Easter Sunday, Sri Lanka, my heart goes out to all who have lost people they care about. It’s shocking what has happened there. 207 people have been murdered as their churches and hotels got attacked. A few people have been arrested, so that is a good thing, but for those who lost their Lives!

 

 Our queen is 93 today. Wow, what an age.

Gosh, will we live until we are 90 plus? Hub and I joke about what we will be like in old age. I guess the same as we ar now as I don’t feel the age I am, in fact I feel the same as I did when I was 35. Only I ache more and I’m much stiffer…

 

Well Dear Bloggets, one thing before I go.


© Fiona Cummings

 

 

1 comment:

Christine O said...

Great Fi. Love your walk by the river and lunch outdoors.
I pray that the victims in Sri Lanka hat peace will reign.