translate

Friday 13 May 2016

WORDS OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
 Here I am its midnight my most favourite time of the day or should that be night. It’s so quiet, well, apart from our TV. It’s off, allegedly. But it keeps talking to me… I have almost jumped out of my slippers at least twice. Our TV has something that involves wires to make it tell you what is on TV, what channel you have it on and what programs are coming up next and so on. It is a lady’s voice. Nice though she sounds, not when I’m in such silence in our house and not when it’s turned off…

 

Anyway, Hub just gone to bed. Teen too. Yep, Friday night, and Teen is in bed. He has work early in the morning he is working all weekend. Oh, he had another thing go wrong with his car today. But thankfully it got fixed for not too much.

 

I’m so proud of our Son right now, he is doing such a great favour for a business local to us. He will be working free for them because he knows the people who own it and it’s his way of saying thank you to them as they really like teen and have been so kind to him of late. He will be working for them for about 16 hours and won’t be getting any money… It shows he is not selfish. He also right now is emotionally supporting a dear friend of his and to see my Son like that is so lovely. Just shows the evil one he dated a year ago, tried to make him as cruel and heartless as her, but thankfully failed. Oh don’t get me wrong, he has his moments… No, sorry, hours, or was that days? No, weeks, but deep down he is a really good lad we love and we are incredibly proud of him.

 

I got some sad news today. A vicar we knew when he was at our church was killed and has left his wife and two children. Such a good man too. Awful I just don’t get this world there are so many horrible people walking around where nothing happens to them an yet good people are taken from us.

 

Some good news. My painting… Two weeks today, at last we have news to the delight of my friend Beth Wright Meador.

Teen picked up a letter from UK customs. They will release the painting when I pay them £13 I said it was like a ransom. They kidnapped my angel.  Teen kindly filled in all the online rubbish and it will arrive on Monday. I’m so excited.

 

Talking of being excited. Our besties are coming tomorrow; I should say today now as we are past the pumpkin hour. Can’t wait to see them. Been too long. So I guess I should get some shut eye as they will be here in ten hours. I wonder out of ten how many hours I will sleep? Smile. Three I guess.

 

Before I go, I would like to leave you with these words.

If you are in a dark place right now, remember everywhere you are there are lights. Turn them on. You may not be able to see them, but you know they work. Your days may look like nights to you but in your heart you know the sun shines. You don’t need to see something to feel it.

 

We may fall, but we always get back up. Perhaps not in our head, but for sure in reality. In our minds, we may feel rock bottom, some say in a hole unable to climb out, but look at yourself, you are not really physically in that hole. You right now are not on the ground, you are sitting down and when you tell your mind that, I hope you will feel better.

 

If you weren’t happy with what you did yesterday, try something different today. Remember my blog from yesterday? Cut some lemons take the lovely fresh fragrance in and enjoy your day. Scientifically proven that lemons help with depression. The struggle you are facing today, is to prepare you for the strength you will need tomorrow. Being strong is being able to be in control of your life, your own destiny.

 

Gosh, I can tell you I really didn’t mean for all of that? Bit heavy for this time of night? Though nights are sometimes when we need words to push us to remove pain from our minds and memories. It’s at nights when we go to bed and feel guilty because we have not achieved what we needed to earlier in the day. But remember, there is always tomorrow if we are blessed to be left on this earth.

 

Treat yourself this weekend. Do something for you. Give yourself a pat on your back for getting through this week and next week, be the driver. Be in control and know you did it.

 

Laters with love. X

No comments: