translate

Tuesday 10 May 2016

DIARY OF VIEW FROM MY WINDOW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day to my Bloggets from all over the world, today we say hello to our top ten viewers, Tunisia, Netherlands, France, Germany, UK, Russia, US, Italy, Canada and South Korea

 

I’m home thank goodness and sipping on a cup of tea. There is nothing better than a good old cupper. What is it about tea that makes you feel better? And if someone is in shock, or at a funeral, tea is always served.

 

I had no sleep last night for all the same reasons, this meant my poor loved one didn’t sleep either. My heart was going crazy about a meeting I had today, it was as if I was going for a big operation… Crazy. I have done this so many times before, but outside of the house, I’m rubbish. I was to meet with some very well educated ladies, that I had no problem with, it’s the getting from A to B. Once there I’m one of them…

 

My friend Geordie knew of this meeting last week and told me I would have to speak with a very posh accent… Thanks for that. Smile… As if I don’t already? Haha. Well I’m pleased to say all went well but more so I didn’t put on a posh accent, I was myself, a proud Geordie… I’m me, no one else. I don’t have a very strong accent when I’m working growing up going to Russia meeting so many people from all over the world taught me from a young child, to communicate, you have to talk in a certain manner, but this doesn’t mean to say you have to talk with plums in your mouth.

 

Gosh, there is so much I would love to write about today, but sadly, my hands are tied or should that be lips are sealed? But what a blog it would be? One day I’m sure I will write about this….

 

Waggs was a star. She wagged her way weaving in and out of chairs room to room. Helping the cleaners out along the way, picking up anything that was looking like it was edible on the floor… She sat, when told and lay down even fell asleep, bless her, it was a very early start, even my neighbour commented how early I was up. Smile… I left the house at 8. 15a.m so not that early really, at least the birds had eaten their breakfast…

 

Talking of birds, the other night when I couldn’t sleep a wink I think we had the most stressful night for a long time, I focussed on the dawn song. Gosh the birds first thing, I’m talking half three in the morning, just before the traffic builds up for the day, the birds sing like water flowing through long stemmed glasses made from Chrystal. Their tune was mesmerising. Almost hypnotic. I know you can get recordings but they are so obvious that they are recordings. Now to the average person on the street, a recording of a bird is OK, to me, I am listening to the background sounds of studio. Thinking how artificial it all sounds…

 

You can’t beat the real sound. I would love to know what they are saying to each other? You know we do all this space travel and we can’t communicate with what is on earth?

 

Imagine if we could talk to the animals? Or is it best not to know?

 

Teen still in bed it’s almost mid day. He worked and played hard yesterday. Hub at work. I’m in my living room. Waggatail in her bed bless her… she worked well today so now is catching up with some shut eye.

 

Though I’m at the front of my house, I still hear the traffic from the back and the monkeys in the zoo are still screaming swinging and running around in the distance. My apple tree in the front garden is doing really well. So delighted about that. I doubt we will get fruit from it this year, but it’s still alive after the transplantation the other day.

 

My pots are all planted in my back garden looking I’m sure nice… But what would I know? My gardener came yesterday and did some work for me bless him.

 

So I look out of my back window now and see what? Beautiful blooms, every colour you can imagine, trees waving in the gentle breeze as a bee decides on what flower to pollinate with, whilst the bluebird bathes in the water provided? Well, maybe not quite like that, but that is for sure what my imagination see’s. In reality, I look out of the window and on good days I see a brighter dark. But I know I have a tidy garden and most importantly, I walk without thinking that I have stood on a small animal on my patio, as the moss and weeds were getting a little out of control.

 

I can’t believe the difference in the weather. I have just had to put my heating on. For three or four days now, we have had red hot weather. Not today. My fingertips are frozen.

 

Oh and remember I told you I spent five hours trying to buy flowers on line for my friend’s birthday today? I called her last night, and she is going to be out… Nowhere in particular, only a cafĂ© lunch and garden centre, so I kind of hoped she would wait in for them, but it is her birthday and I guess it’s her choice. I just hope someone takes them in for her?

 

 

OK next blog one with a difference. Until then with love. X

No comments: