translate

Tuesday 31 May 2016

WINGS OF LOVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WINGS OF LOVE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Fly free my little bird

Your song was the most beautiful sound I’ve ever heard

I hope it will not become blurred

Fly free sweet canary

No longer caged or in an aviary

Though I loved it when you sung

You were in a prison as your cage hung

 Now it’s the adversary

Where souls run

You fly free

Use your soft wings to go high

 Into the rainbow sky

 But remember me

As I will never forget you

Beautiful bird you now need your wings

To see the most amazing things

Drink from chrystal clear water

And eat the freshest fruit

Tiny little songster so cute

 You belonged to me

But now you are free

Where you were one

Singing your song

All alone

Now a part of a chorus

Sweet sounds so gorgeous

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: