translate

Sunday 29 May 2016

WORDS FROM A ROSE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WORDS FROM A ROSE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The rose

So meaningful

Who knows

How powerful

You can’t suppose

Incredibly beautiful

Something you chose?

Or given to you

Yellow

For bravery

Red for passion

Ivory

For a wedding?

White for fashion?

Pink to get well

The rose

Such a stunning smell

Who knows

You can’t take for granted

It was planted

Some are scented

Those, are my favourite

As the petals fall

The bloom gets so small

But I always recall

How a rose made me feel?

Though my vase is empty now

Thinking about a rose becomes real

Just a single rose

Can say so much

A longing for your touch

I love you so much

I’m sorry for your loss

Just a rose

How much will it cost?

Can you put a price on it?

For a rose says so many words

Turns a simple plain vase

  Into a vision

 And sense of indulgence

A rose

Can we suppose?

I don’t think so

In my garden they grow

But when I’m giving one, I know

This is more than a flower

A rose, has this power

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: