translate

Friday 13 May 2016

THE WOODS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE WOODS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The bluebells bowed

Birds sang loud

The stream trickled

The nettles prickled

The grasses tickled

The leaves came floating down

A frog danced and hopped on the ground

I smiled as he croaked

Children hid behind the oaks

Pretty dancing flowers in the breeze

Lesser Celandine perform ballet beneath my knees

Such a sunny sky from above

And the pretty foxglove

On a branch a dove

And rarely seen here   a Pheasant

Making this day so very pleasant

 The winter thrushes

Seek insects from the bushes

Two hares box

I was sure I saw a fox?

Old deciduous woods

Bring news so good

Goldcrests confirming in song

That they had lasted winter so long

I love the fresh fragrance

The wild flowers and plants

I shall visit here again

Just don’t know when

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: