translate

Tuesday 17 May 2016

DIARY OF THE DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good afternoon Bloggets. I hope you are all well today? Well my morning has been very interesting and I survived the two and a half hour trial which went very well. Time will tell. But back safely and soundly.

 

I’m in my garden now catching some sun before it runs away for the day. Right now it’s threatening to disappear. Just a threat though as still popping through the clouds.

 

I can’t get internet out here, so not sure when I will get this published, but sometime today as I have no intention of being out here more than half an hour. I was just about to start to do some much needed work then thought, no, stuff it. The work can wait for once. I’m going out. I am again, waiting for a parcel but I don’t think it will come until tomorrow at the earliest. Some clothes I sent for. It’s hilarious people’s reaction to me in quotes skinny jeans…. Now they will fit me, so let’s get one thing clear. There is no way on earth will the jeans be skinny. And for sure nothing that goes in them will be skinny. I think they mean jeans that don’t flap around making me look like some kind of wedding marquee. So they will be a little on the tight side, and we all know where the unwanted flab has to go when one wears tight jeans? Yep. One thinks a rather oversized top will be required.

 

Seriously, hub and teens reaction has been most amusing. Teen kind of groaned and said the words. “No. Mum. Just no. It’s so wrong.”

Hub.

 “Oh my God!” hahahahahahehehehehehe.

 

I also bought a black t-shirt which reads. “Meet me in Mexico.”

Didn’t know I was going there? Smile. What will they look like? I wouldn’t know, well, not until I get them. I must say the descriptions were quite good and when they weren’t, I went into reviews. As sometimes the length of the sleeves are not spoken about you go into reviews and says things like the sleeves were too long or having no sleeves are perfect for a sunny holiday. I do own two tops without sleeves. Really. Not a good look. I haven’t quite got school dinner lady arms, but there is something not quite right I’m Okay from the elbow down, my arms are of a normal quantity, but above the elbow? Naha, try to keep them covered, but hey, if I keep up teens toning techniques? Only thing is, yesterday I went into the gym and tried to do the things he showed me… Forgot them all. So ended up doing my own thing and the thing is, my arms didn’t hurt at all, not in comparison to when teen took me through his treatment the other day. So obviously I was doing something so very wrong.

 

I’m out tomorrow with Hub. We are going to our University. No, not to be educated, but talk with the students about guide dogs. Last time I went they were so lovely and very interested. It would be nice to get some volunteers out of the day, but at least we can hope for is awareness. It’s a long day though. Wagga will be perfect for it. Not sure how the little fella will take to it because one of teens friends came in the other day and he barked at him and ran away. Hahaha. Such a big bark, then he scarpered.

 

Fish tonight for the boys with healthy brown rice. Sounds like my idea of food hell. One I don’t eat anything with a face, but never have I eaten fish. Really, I don’t know how I’m as intelligent as I am? Hahaha. Joking. Well they say fish makes you more intelligent. I have never ever been able to stand the stuff. Tinned tuna I could cope with before I became a vegetarian, but it had to be a certain kind. For me? Well, I’m going to make a big salad with some hot bread from the oven. I had a nice wrap from a sandwich shop for lunch full of something to be honest, not sure what? Not meat though. So I can’t eat too much bread as already had my share of the day I simply love bread.

 

It’s been a lovely day it’s our friend’s birthday. I, or should I say, teen posted his gifts in one box last week. I received a phone call from his wife telling me his parcel had not arrived. I panicked. As I write the address on what we post. It’s a skill that sadly I’m getting worse at. I used to remember hand writing and was good at keeping it straight, but now I forget where I’m up to. And I know my hand writing isn’t as good. But I got teen to re-read it and it was understandable. So it’s been six days. The scary thing was, teen couldn’t remember posting it? Though we had a huge chat about it. So then I was doubtful was it still in the cupboard at home? Then I remembered more fully the conversation I had with teen and though he did not have any recollection on the matter, I was sure I at least gave it to him, along with my card to pay for the item.

 

Well, then I text my friend and asked him if he got the parcel and not said anything to his wife? He replied, it came five minutes ago. I called my friend who lives in the same house, she said he is on the drive in his caravan, he must have taken the parcel but not told me. Hahaha. When you have been married so long, communication has its challenges. Not sure why it took so long though. But at least it came on his birthday.

 

Wow this sun has come back. It’s boiling. Can’t be out here too much longer. Need some cream on. But need the sun as much. It is said that we are going to have a heat wave this year? And, April world-wide is recorded to be the hottest in history of the weather reports. Really? No one told little Britain that.

 

Oh I opened my paintings last night from my friend. Gosh, teen was well impressed. I’m so excited. She sent me the large painting the original on canvas and it’s stunning then another print of another angel she painted, but the print the angel has brown hair with streaks of blonde in it. My angel has blonde hair. Same colour eyes though the most amazing blue. She is also wearing a crown like a halo. That too has blue jewels in it. The brown haird angel doesn’t have a crown. Teen prefers the brown hair angel. I prefer my angel as that is how I see an angel. The fingers are there as an outline. I don’t believe that angels have fingers. She has the most perfect skin I’m told. So now I need a couple of frames. For the print I will get one from an ice shop but the painting, I think I will get one to measure from a shop in our town. My friend arty told me about it. Mind you, not sure how I will find it? May be if I catch teen on a good kind day, I will get it with him? Picking the colour of the frame is going to be difficult. For example, I have a huge and I mean huge painting of a black and white tiger in my lounge. She has blue eyes. She is a real tiger from a conservation park in the UK. Her frame is really thick black. Stunning wood. But that kind of painting can get away with that. My angel has to be more delicate. I would like a silver one to match the lights in the hall way where I would like to put the picture. Our curtain rail is shiny silver too. Door handles also chrome. Hub says that will look too modern for an angel. But black wood will be too heavy or I could put it in my lounge and that will be gold. But I wanted to make it stand out on its own. Not among other pictures which are all gold apart from my tiger. Light switches are also chrome so what to do? Hmm. I will decide when I go to the shop. Mind you, I think I will get a shock when I price the frames up. But it’s such a painting that will last a life time and one I will treasure. I hope one day, in my lifetime, to be able to call my friend who painted it and tell her how much I love her work and describe the details to her. One day, a girl can dream?

 

Okay, must dash now to work. My vacuum has just jumped out of the cupboard and duster flew out of the window and landed on my lap top… well, I have things to do like put away my winter jumpers. Already I have had a dress rehearsal this year, in fact if I remember rightly, two dress rehearsals. But it got so cold they had to come back out. This time they will stay away until October. I hope. Well, they will I will make sure.

 

I also have to sort out the bottom of my robe. Oh I hate those jobs. We have no where to put anything. May be some chucking out to do? Wherever you are in the world be strong kind and open your minds to all possibilities. X

No comments: