translate

Sunday 29 May 2016

DIARY OF A FAMILY DAY

 
 Good evening Bloggets. As the night is about to get chilly and I have to close the house for the end of the day, I wanted to come along and sit for a while to have a chat.

 

It’s been a really lovely day. Infect this weekend has been so different. We have actually relaxed. It’s not like us at all. And today was spent having a lovely family day just the three of us out for lunch. After having a bit of a lay in, we got ready to go out, Hub got dressed up and looked in my mind really handsome. He wore some lovely black shoes, same as what Teen wears, loafers I think they are called, haha. With some black chino’s and a really trendy shirt that Teen bought Hub for his birthday last year. It’s black and white check with really polished black buttons. I stupidly wore a white blouse… Hmm I say stupid as we all went out for Sunday lunch me white blouse and lunch don’t go together very well. Mor on that subject later…

 

Though Teen didn’t get in until after four this morning, he was ready for a meal out with his Ma and Pa. Smile.

 

Well, of course we took The Little Fella. So he and Hub got in the front of Teens car. Me? In the back. A two door car… Well, getting in wasn’t exactly lady like and as for getting out? I almost needed a tin opener.

 

Seconds away from having to get rescued by the fire brigade, “That would be nice!!!!” I linked Teens arm and Hub and the LF followed. It was to a lovely pub not too far from us but too far to get to on our own as no busses there and no path to walk there. It’s an old country pub with very low beams from the ceiling. An old stone floor with a log fire, not that it needed a hot crackling fire today as it was sunny and warm.

 

Teen had for starters, thick bacon with egg and fried straws… Not too sure what that was all about but for a starter? Hub had scallop’s and prawns and I had delicious baby button mushrooms with a blue cheese sauce and stunning slightly toasted thick homemade bread with loads of seeds on. For main course, Teen had turkey Sunday dinner with roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and veg, Hub had the same with lamb and I had the same with a vegetarian tart it was really lovely, but, here it comes… There was a tiny jug of gravy, so I went to carefully pour it on my Yorkshire…. Hmm. Just to learn, that it wasn’t gravy, it was tomato sauce… That was OK, Yorkshire and a thick tomatoes sauce I coped with, it was the fact that as I cut into the Yorkshire, and brought it to my mouth, it fell.

Right on my white blouse. Great… I do it every meal. Hub never ever does this.

 

Anyway, I would do my curry thing on it when I got home… Toothpaste, leave it overnight and then put in the washing machine. Works on curry, let’s see if it works on tomatoes?

 

My Mother in law if she were alive bless her, would go mad. The vegetables were enough for one person. They were delicious too. Hub and I were remembering when we took her and my Father in law out some years ago where we used to live, my Mother in law asked the waitress for more vegetables. The girl was stunned as if to say, no one asks for more veg? When my Mother in law continued by saying. “Come on, what’s a few veg?” Hub says it was her pet hate and she found it dreadful when eateries skimped on the vegetables. Well I wish she was with us today, not only because I miss her like mad, but because I was starving… The roast potatoes were really gorgeous really crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.

 

For dessert, Teen had a chocolate brownie, Hub a sherry trifle and me an apple crumble with custard. I joked as the custard came in a jug like the gravy/tomatoes sauce, smile, dare I pour it?

 

There was a mixture of clientele from normal respectable families though they had screaming children where again I know I have gone on about this before, but parents don’t seem to tell their children off now for being noisy. I mean today there was an old lady who was obviously the grandmother, and she sat and let her kids scream. Gosh, no way I would put up with that from my Son. He was told to be respectful and quiet when out. The parents were educated and respectable, so should know about manners. But you don’t tell kids off now. Freedom of whatever. Brattishness.

 

There was a right snooty family in. And a few normal gents… And… Us…

Haha.

 

Well, good job we were not in a hurry. The whole meal took two and a half hours. Two and a half hours for three courses. Hub said it’s because we are so used to rushing now and nothing is calm anymore. We are a now society. He’s right. It was nice to eat and not have our plates removed from us as we took our last spoonful.

 

Well, that was Hubs version, I just think the cook was on a go slow.

 

We came out and home. LF was a good lad. He lay as still as anything during the meal as he should.

 

Got home made a coffee and relaxed in our noisy garden. Talking about how we are so lucky to have such good neighbours all around us. We are blessed as they are all so respectful and they are always really quiet. Just a shame the road does not copy.

 

Tonight we spent time singing and playing piano. Teen is out again, he has cleaned his car today and been to the gym right after his meal, he did have a coffee first then pick up his friend, so at least he had a fifteen minute break in between. Oh today was so good driving along in his car, well, not me personally, but being driven, with the knowledge that Teen wouldn’t go one way in the front and leave me in the back travelling along to another avenue, as the car parted like the waves haha. Seriously, it’s good to know that we are now in a safe car. Though his little old car never let him down as far as starting, just stopping it we had trouble with… The breaks were really not good.

 

As I close this blog I can tell you floating in our house tonight is the fragrance of the chocolate factory from a short distance away. It smells amazing.

 

OK, bank holiday Monday here tomorrow so Hub and I are at home no work teen is working half of the day and he will get double pay, this is good as now he is working part time, his money is very low. So I bid you a farewell until tomorrow. X

 

 

 

No comments: