translate

Saturday 21 May 2016

JUST BEFORE BED I PRAY SHE WILL BE OK


Just before bed I wanted to tell you about a young lady I know. She is blind and has had a tough life. Sadly, not much luck with her parents the way they have treat her in the past, of course I only have her side of the story. But from what I gather it wasn’t pleasant what went on in her past. She had problems that are so personal I won’t go into. At last she met a loving man who proposed to her. They were really happy planning their wedding when I on a weekend break received the sad news that her poor fiancĂ© had died overnight. He was so young in his late twenties. She was heartbroken of course.

 

After about a year her life started to improve. What always amazed me about this girl, she never gave up. She is a true inspiration. She has lost so much but continues with a smile. She gets out and about with her white cane. Nothing stops her. This has got her into a lot of difficulties in the past but she is a survivor.

 

 She at last started to see her Mum again which meant the world to her. Her father and herself were closer than ever. At last, she was heading in the right direction.

 

She has applied for lots of jobs and at last she was excepted into a university to become a social worker. She was so happy to receive that news.

 

Remember I’m not going into her private life of her many troubles over the years, her blindness was just one of many issues she suffered. The loss of the first man she fell in love with too and the relationship between her parents and herself were at times so painful but all this was going to be better along with her studies now.

 

Well a couple of nights ago, she sadly fell from her balcony from three floors. She has severely injured her back, her head has injuries, and broken her leg and broke nine ribs.

 

The surgeons say that she may never walk again.

 

So University? I mean, that of course is nothing in comparison to her health but for so many years she has tried to get a place in Uni.

 

Her Mum had breakfast with her the other day for the first time in many years this young lady felt complete. To be blind is or for sure can be a dreadful state to be in and to not be able to walk also will have heart ache. But to combine the two things? As a blind person, or to be ridiculously politically correct. A person who is blind, I can’t imagine what it must be like to be blind without being able to put your feet on the ground? We see where we are going by what is under us. What we feel.

 

I pray all will be OK and she will prove the Doctors wrong. I hope that her and her parents find strength at this difficult time.

 

It’s almost like a higher being is playing cruel games with her but I hope this was a necessary event to have to happen for her course in life, cruel though it seems. As long as she walks again. Please?

 

Just before bed, I hold my hands together and ask those who play with our lives to give her a card dealt with positivity and love.

 

Goodnight God bless. X

No comments: