translate

Sunday 8 May 2016

DIARY OF WEEKEND WITH A DIFFERENCE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
·       Good afternoon Bloggets. I hope this finds you well? Sitting down for a breather. It’s boiling out there and I’m baked representing all lobsters around the globe. My hair has gone platinum blonde which is nice for the summer, what isn’t nice is the red blob where by my locks frame the flushed Fifi.

 

·       Yesterday, we went to our town. Gosh it was an absolute nightmare. We got to the bus OK, on the bus as ever was a challenge with the wagging one, and once on, she showed me a spare seat, Hub’s Little Fella walked right past two rows of empty seats and found Hub a seat next to someone haha. Me, Waggs put her little head on a seat, I found out that it was empty and all OK. Well, I had the normal on the bus of everyone talking to me. And I always get rather odd people coming to me. Just I guess who I attract? Hub, never gets anyone sitting voluntarily next to him. I must just look friendly, haha.

 

·       Oh you do get chewed though answering the same questions. “Is she a girl or a boy. What is her name. Is she a full Labrador? How long have you had her. When do they retire. What happens to them after they retire. Is she good?” I should get a leaflet and say, there you go love, enjoy reading? But that would be rude… And they mean well, the part I wasn’t too fond of yesterday was the lady who got on just after us. She sat next to a lady and she told her about her cheep handbag. The strap broke and she went to get it fixed. To repair it was only going to be £3 less than what the bag cost. The lady got off the bus and another got on   in her place. Same story. That lady got off. No one got on, so guess what? She came and sat on the newly spare seat next to me. Oh the bag story started again. The thing is, I have noticed, how many people don’t care about others feelings. All the other ladies never answered the lady. Me? I found myself saying oh dear in the right places and Oh, I know? And Really? I just can’t be ignorant.

 

·       Then time to get off. I know roughly when to get off, but don’t for a second have the confidents to actually get up before Hub, but I did have that sinking feeling that he had got off without me hearing him. Anyway, thankfully all OK, but then off the bus, Wagga was just the worst ever in town. I know she hates it, but this took the biscuit yesterday.

 

·       As soon as I got off the bus, her head went down and she sniffed and refused to walk. People behind me waiting to get off the bus I found myself pulling her. Gosh she was so stubborn. Anyway, got her going, like an old car that needs some encouraging to get started. Hub already away, I was so anxious that he got to the crossing and I couldn’t find it? Thing is, the noise in our town is just terrible. People everywhere. I need to hear where I am where as Hub has two advantages, one he feels through his feet. My feet were spoiled when I was eleven and had an operation on them and I somehow really can’t feel properly when all of my energy is spent trying to hear and guide my guide dog. Smile. And two, Hub has a dog who was trained for town work. Anyway, she avoided people which is great, and I just don’t know when to turn right to the crossing. There are no signs. Hub tells LF to find the crossing. I tell Waggs and she continues to sniff for food. She would do that even if she had one of those awful things on her nose to prevent that from happening. She isn’t a town dog. So thankfully, Hub heard me giving her instructions and called me over. I didn’t hear what he said but knew his voice.

 

·       We were half way across the road and Wagg stopped. To sniff and have a panic attack. I could hear an emergency service vehicle coming and thought, oh my goodness. They stop for no one.

 

·       By this point I was so dizzy with fear and totally lost where I should be going in what direction. At last I heard Hub again and caught up with him. He told me to hang onto his shoulder from behind, but you can’t do that as LF walks so fast and there are too many people. I did try but failed. Well walked along and another crossing. Waggs did this brilliantly, turned left and then right, but Wagg walked me on the edge of the kerb. Not close to the shops, that is what I like to do as then I have more idea where to turn and so on, but there were people standing there so again, good girl she avoided it.

 

·       We at last found the hair dressers and thankfully a nice needed cup of tea was waiting.

 

·       She was brilliant again in the hair dressers. Lay down, shattered and glad to have some chill time.

 

·       I got my hair cut and before that was in the massage chair getting my hair washed. When we came out, she worked a little better. LF was fantastic. Got the bus and I don’t like the bus back as it’s always a long wait and there are so many busses coming in different numbers where as at home into town, one bus one stop one number.

 

·       No seats, hub found one. Each for their own so I had to search, well, this lovely Polish lady who didn’t speak English said some words to me. I thought she was talking to me. Was she pointing like normally they do or was she talking to someone else? So I put out my hand, bless her, she took it and lead me to a seat next to her. She was sweet to do that.

 

·       Off the bus and even on our way home, the route Wagg knows so well, she wasn’t at her best, so I don’t know what got into her yesterday.

 

·       To do a ten-minute walk home off the bus, took about seventeen. Crazy. We were in a few moments and June came to walk the two of them. So we gave them a drink then off they went.

 

·       Teen kindly went to the Fish & Chip shop for us. I was starving. We couldn’t go to our normal bakery like we used to with our dear Long Chops God bless her. As I would have to wait somewhere whilst Hub did that. I can’t walk the speed that LF does so I can’t take my white cane like I used to with LC. Hence the wagging one.

 

·       After our dogs got back all hot and tired, we gave them another drink, groomed them and put them to bed whilst Hub and I sat outside enjoying the sun. I had my earphones on and enjoyed some amazing Indian music I love. Hub listened to the sport. We took a coffee and chatted then came in and got ready to go out at night.

 

·       We went for a quiz night and met up with Flexie, our funny Welsh friend and Jas, we were on Team Geordie so were with my lovely friend Geordie’s family. They are great, her husband, son and delightful kind Mum. Flexie and Jas cooked home made pasties I had cheese and onion Hub meat and then dessert. We took some wine and just laughed. I don’t think our table took it serious, but I tell you we did OK.

 

·       Put it this way, we didn’t get the wooden spoon. I think there were about twelve tables. The table who won, there were only three in their team. But though the two young lads were brainy, so is my Husband and Geordies, but that didn’t seam to matter last night. Hahah. It was great and I was true to my hair colour…

 

·       There was a raffle, we missed out by one and Geordie won and they won a cake. Gosh, bless her, she halved it and gave us half to take home. She really shouldn’t have as there are so much more of them than us and they won, but I tell you, it was and I say was, delicious. A slice last night for us three and one today… We bought some home made fudge too. So all in all a great night.

 

·       Teen went to a BBQ with friends. He didn’t get up till 2pm this afternoon. Crazy a lovely day. Hub tried to do the weeds in the garden and one of my pots is full of weeds, well, grass, so his idea of weeding, was to say he wanted to throw the pot out?

 

·       I have done the delightful dog run and groomed the dogs again. Hub now battling his way through trying to read our printed mail. He is mumbling to himself. He doesn’t sound impressed. I wish we had a PA to help out, but our lottery numbers didn’t come up yesterday…

 

·       Teen off to the gym now then off with friends to some water falls. A great night for Television tonight and then the week begins. Tuesday, I’m slightly dreading. More on that later. In the meanwhile, off now to try to plant our plants we bought last week. They are looking rather sad, though I have watered them. So Hub said he would help me. Now what are they? Not sure teen may read them to us but no way he will plant them… I asked him if he would help with the garden table to get from the garage to the back garden and you would think I was asking him to paint ten walls for us…

 

·       I hope your weekend has been relaxing, or at least enjoyable in some way. X

No comments: