translate

Thursday 5 May 2016

DIARY OF A GARDEN


Good afternoon from another sunny little England. Again no internet service. I have been on the phone most of the early morning. I have a lot of poetry requests for weddings as most of them are via email this is proving to be a stressful day. Thankfully they are not due for a couple of weeks. Day two of sunshine and warmth. I’m waiting in the house until it’s past time for my post-delivery as waiting for my painting from America. My friend Beth sent it last Friday, so it should come any day. I have to go out on Saturday, I bet it comes then?

 

Did I mention that my gardener came? He transplanted my apple tree from the back to the front as it was going to grow under the patio. Now we have it right in the middle of the grass. I need to remember to water it. As we have lost almost all of our plants, flowers and small shrubs in our back garden, which totally has depressed me. The expense of getting them all, paying for someone to plant them and for them all to disappear? I guess I had four years of them, but they will remain a mystery where they went. Possibly the same place as some of my garden ornaments. Thankfully my elephant is still here, though it is very heavy.  It would take a very strong pixie to remove that.

 

My gardener is a really nice guy. It’s a relief to find someone at last that I can trust. Hopefully we can keep this apple tree well, as it’s the first thing we bought for our garden when we moved in. And Teen planted it, so it’s not only special, but rare. Haha. Teen won’t do my garden. I have even offered to pay him.

 

Oh my gosh, I was in his car yesterday. Apart from his wild driving, which sadly has become much worse, just when it started to get better, but his old car is really for the bin. He can’t afford to buy a new one now he is out of full time work, his choice, he wants to wait till the end of the summer before he looks for full time work, fair enough.

 

It’s been a busy brain day today and loads of washing, drying and ironing, as well as cleaning the bathrooms. Not only that, when I was out yesterday, I went to the pet shop. Bought Waggatail one of those stuffed bones. Didn’t get LF one as he throws up for fun. Hub said that Waggs would too. I just wanted her to lay out in the sun and not eat weeds or play with stones. Well, I gave her the bone and today that sound that no pet owner wants to hear. She was sick, big bits of bone. Who said they come from wolves? I think our two dogs more like teddy bears.

 

So rubber glove on a bag and off to work I went. Then wiped with disposable cloth and vacuumed the floors before mopping them. I can only hope I haven’t missed any? Can’t be bothered with “Told ya so!” Smile.

 

I really can’t be doing with cooking today. I cleaned the cooker lifted everything off the work tops in my kitchen filled the dishwasher with Teen breakfast and lunch dishes and dusted Hubs piano, after a lot of playing last night I’m pleased to say.

 

Hub bought me a microphone for Christmas. Heck, my voice is bad enough without making it louder?

 

My love used to be a voice coach and is a fantastic singer, he has sung for so many weddings and funerals. I’m talking hundreds. So does one really feel like singing in front of him? Some years ago I did, but my voice has deteriorated so much. I don’t understand why? And I can’t learn lyrics. But I reluctantly gave it a go last night. I was as bad as I remembered. I don’t know how Hub can stand listening to me. Musically he says I’m pitch perfect when it comes to listening to music and knowing what notes are meant to go where and when someone sings a slight note wrong. But my singing now? Heck. So will he teach me? No. He says I don’t need lessons. Is that his way of telling me that I am beyond lessons? Haha.

 

He is singing for a wedding in five weeks, last night was his first rehearsal. He has to sing and play piano for an hour and a half. We are trying to get teen to sing a song, Hub is trying to encourage me to sing one song too. Not on your Nellie.

 

As I write this blog, I’m in our back garden. Gosh, it’s so loud. I have my earphones in as I type and I can barely hear my voice software. How I long for a peaceful garden.

 

So, my Hub due home in a couple of hours from work. Dinner? Your guess is as good as mine. Seriously I’m shattered. I could just go to bed. I have been up making phone calls since before eight. Writing all morning poetry and case studies. Gosh, one thing about my job, I love to write case studies. I love to analyse and put in place facts. Now just need my internet to work?

 

OK, going to water my new flowers and plants. As for our apple tree? We will have to find it first. Not seen in since we got it planted. Those who can’t see will know what I mean by saying you can miss something just by being a few inches away.

 

Talking of a few inches away, there is a dog run. Hmm. I guess I should go and wash it now? Later gators. X

No comments: