translate

Monday 2 May 2016

DIARY OF THE ITALIAN


 Good day Bloggets. A lovely day had by all on this rainy bank holiday Monday. Lots going on in the Blogget household. With two hyper dogs full of energy. Sadly, I am sure my little wagga is starting to get sore joints, or worse. Whenever she has had a run, she grumbles and when I stroke her side, she does the same. Well, her side isn’t her joints, so this is what makes me wonder? I will take her to the vets and ask, mind you, not that I have much faith in them after our poor BB and LC.

 

Hub has been very kind to himself today and gifted himself with some new speakers for his music, so has had some fun with that… I had to keep a lid on my feelings towards them. Heck, more wires, more plugs taken up and more in my opinion, ugly electrical items around our house, haha. Oh, and did I mention, more tech buttons for me not to learn?

Music well, sound is my husband’s hobby so who am I to stand in the way?

 

No mice or mouse in the trap, so I think we don’t have any more, unless the others saw the ending of their family member and said to one another. “Don’t go near the box of doom!”

 

Hub spoke to his Dad tonight. We call him every week and each week, we wish we could be closer to him to help. We do worry about him and it saddens us to hear him as I so feel for him. He isn’t young anymore and if we lived closer, we would at least be there to visit him and even if I cooked him a meal or helped him around the house, or just if Hub was there to sit and chat to him. At least he has his friends at his local club.  Tomorrow though he is driving two hours to his caravan again, I wish he would now move his van closer to him so it’s not too far to drive? He fell a few weeks ago and it was a bad fall. Bless him. I’m going to get Hub to call him tomorrow evening on his mobile to make sure he has arrived OK.

 

In general, it’s been a sweet day so far. Another great drama on TV tonight so whilst the rain pitters on our windows, we will sip hot chocolate and get cosy with our family.

 

Going to make dinner now. I’m doing Italian food tonight, my brother and sister will be having the real deal in Italy now. I bet they love it. How can anyone not like Italy? Its paradise. I have said it before, I would move there tomorrow, Canada too, parts of it, I love.

Here is an easy Italian recipe

2 aubergines cut into thin slices

2 tbsp of olive oil

500g of spinach

250g of ricotta

Grating of nutmeg

350g tomato sauce

4 tbsp of breadcrumbs

4 tbsp of parmesan

Method

Heat oven to 220C put tray of aubergines with small amount of oil for 20 minutes but turn after cooking for ten minutes

Meanwhile put the spinach in a large colander pouring boiling water over and then making sure that the spinach is drained well mix with the ricotta, nutmeg and lots of seasoning

Put a small dollop of the cheese spinach mix on each slice of aubergine in the middle folding to make a parcel. Turn upside down in an ovenproof dish, pour over tomato sauce, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese and bake for 23 minutes

 

I shall return afterwards and talk more. Until then, dietro con amore

No comments: