translate

Friday 27 May 2016

DIARY OF SHARING A KISS AND WITH ME BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 
Good afternoon Bloggets. Here I am in my favourite room where one can pretend one is in a hot country… My conservatory, which is in winter cosy and summer. Ha. That’s a joke, the warmth is appreciated. I’m sitting on my favourite sofa propped up by my favourite cushion. It’s cream fleece on one side and suede on the other. To my right is my favourite coffee table that is all mirror, it’s solid and square with a beautiful lamp, and yes you may have guessed it, it’s my favourite lamp.  It’s crystal and has chunks of cubic glass coming from the stem. It has a large square shade on it I think it is cream. In fact, I’m sure it is. Next to it is a crystal dish Hub brought with him when he moved in with me eight years ago gone the 23rd of this month. And on each corner of the table, are porcelain coasters shaped like hearts with different slogans on with regards friendship. My friend Julie bought me them some years ago and they look great as the point of the heart fits into the corner of the table.  

 

There are a few plants in here and another lamp. It has a windowsill all the way around apart from the top end where the opening doors are. The windowsill is dark wood and I have so many ornaments. A lot of wood, dark wood. An elephant of course, actually there are two. A lovely carved Buddha I bought Hub a couple of years ago. A box with elephants on some other animal I think it’s a hippopotamus, smile. Oh and my favourite is a bear I bought in America. It’s a huge flat carved bear with open arms holding four other round disk like carved wooden coasters with bears on. I have a large modern angel and a white lady in old fashioned clothes. A little boy with a fishing hat on holding fish next to flowers rods and a bucket. There is a stunning old fashioned milk float with old milk bottles on the carriage and is being pulled by a horse with a man sitting in again old fashioned clothes and I have another horse made from the same whatever it is, but this one is so colourful. It’s a fairground horse on a bronze pole. I have a china horse my Son bought me when he was little. It’s galloping. I have a green dish with fruit on, a huge green Denby dish we put fruit in and a green tortoise which reminds me, I also have a colourful wooden tortoise. And a green slate square dish with a slate lid to match and on the centre of the lid is a gold lizard.  I have green porcelain pots for plants and my walls are green. The other cushions on my sofa are cream with green and brown and my sofa is brown leather. We have a hostess trolley in here with a lamp which is with a mirror stem and silver silk shade. Next to that is a wine rack which has piano keyboard on the sides it’s all carved from solid wood. On top of that are all of my silver ornaments. I have a tiny silver and mirrored pot with a tiny crystal hand bag on and a lovely silver embossed pot with lift up lid. A tiny silver grand Father clock which is miniature and a small clock that is a fishing rod with a pot full of silver fish hooks and a pair of wellingtons for getting in the water, waders?

 

I only have two things on the walls. One is a silver wall light like a holder of three candles. The other is a dark wood kind of lacquered picture of a snow fox. A chandelier on the roof which has many lights from it.

 

The table in here is crone like mirrored legs again with a glass top and has four leather brown chairs around it that I got with my Husbands brother a couple of years ago. The floor is tiled and kind of cream in colour some say taupe. We have a stereo in here too.

 

The birds are singing so loud outside but are being masked by the road which drives us crazy. I noticed though there are some lovely smells in my garden now, that should have been out in Spring but I guess they needed waking up by a rake. And my gardener came a few weeks ago to do that job. So the smell is lovely and keeps floating in here.

 

I have just made a huge salad for boy wonder to come home to from his job. It had everything in it and was so healthy. I made some bread rolls so they were nice and hot from the oven and served it with some homemade mayonnaise and hummus. Some Greek cheese too and barley. Hub is working from home today so I made him come for some lunch. He wouldn’t come from his room if not for that. He started working at half eight so by half one is time for a break from the phone and computer only for ten minutes though then off again, but at least he walks from the office upstairs to down here.

 

Just as I took the rolls from the oven teen walked in so perfect timing. Teen loved his lunch but reminded me he also needs some fish or chicken and will be home for more food in a hour or so… Me personally I am stuffed and had the least of all of us but I don’t eat during the day  on week days, only weekends.

 

My treat is on Sunday as I have booked Sunday lunch at a local pub. Roast potatoes and Yorkshire Puddings are on my list. To have a Sunday lunch made for me will be such a treat. A day away from the kitchen. I will buy some ham tomorrow and that will do for a sandwich for tea in the afternoon for the boys. After a large lunch there will be no need for me to cook. Teen can have his pasta if he wants to make it…

 

His car thankfully is working like a dream. Let’s hope it stays like that. At least the breaks work and that old car worried me so much because they didn’t. It took about twelve seconds after putting your foot down before it stopped.

 

I went with him to pick it. We had a nice day it was miles away where we ended up getting it. All the way there I had teen music. Oh heck. All the way back too… Double oh heck.

 

I have a theory. If they cut out the bad language, there would be no words left only music. Then his music would be OK. As the music is fine, it’s just when the so called singer starts to groan on with bad words. I can’t bare it.  When you look at Apple music, almost every song in the charts reads “Explicit.”

 

It’s a long weekend here in the UK as it’s bank holiday on Monday. Wherever you are in the world, remember this.

Slow down on your journey of life or not only you will miss the scenery, but you will be so flustered you will forget where you are going and why.”

“Happiness is like a kiss; you must share it to enjoy it…”

Bernard Meltzer

 

No comments: