translate

Monday 9 May 2016

DIARY OF FLOWERS FOR LUNCH


Good afternoon Bloggets. Gosh it is another boiling day. I so wish I could sit outside, but waiting in for my painting, Don’t know when it is due but I bet it comes tomorrow when I have to be out?

 I’m so afraid in case the post man leaves it outside?

 

Gosh, today I have had a task indeed. Well normally I would get a voucher on line for my friend as it’s her birthday. Before most years Hub and I have travelled to see her but this year we can’t. The shop I normally use the one she likes is now not accessible. M&S. So I ordered her some flowers. I must say the website for those was really accessible. It is a local one near her. But I think it is linked with   interflora. There are pictures of course, but at least they tell you in words how many flowers and what kind? It’s about £33 for ten small flowers in a basket. The one I loved the sound of you only got seven flowers, and a vase, but I just think that amount of money for only seven flowers is shocking as one, she has loads of vases and two, she is a great flower arranger. I liked the ones I picked as they had some dry lavender in them. And the basket she can use to do her own flower arranging in the future.

 

She is worth every penny, but the hours I spent looking? Haha. Yeah, she’s worth that too. I’m just saying, five hours!

 

Oh when I was looking, I was dreaming about those lilies’ that sadly stain unless you remove the centres but they smell amazing. I love so much flowers. I wish to have flowers every week in my house, but as I keep saying, my Lottery numbers didn’t come up again.

 

Looks like our summer is due to end soon. Winter will return by the weekend. My gardener kindly agreed to come to our rescue today. I tried to plant our flowers yesterday and failed miserably. Not a chance teen will do it, I asked. And no way Hub will. He says it’s my garden…. I think if it were up to him, we would have concrete from fence to fence. Well, whilst we are living on a motorway, I don’t want to be in a concrete jungle as well.

 

For dinner I’m making skampy and sweet fried potatoes. With a side salad. Easy. Teen been home for his two feeds today. I made him salmon pasta. With a lovely tomato and basil sauce topped off with parmesan cheese. He ate, appreciated drank coffee ate some cake from our quiz night and after a shower, yes, in between lunch from work, teen takes a shower.

 

 His top boss came in and was so disappointed to see teen back on trade. Teen told him it was the car insurance but he said the bosses face was so sad. I so wished teen could have got the same position here?

 

So, I halved the pasta he ate half then two hours later, came back for the other half… Two hours from now, he is due back in. He will expect food. I will say no, he can wait another hour and a half. He will grumble like mad, but tough…

 I wouldn’t mind if he would eat a salad or pasta with cheese but no, it has to have a steak of salmon or tuna. Or a tin of tuna. Or chicken of course…

 

Oh, I’m so anxious about tomorrow. I have to go out in the morning meeting people I don’t know and it’s at a very posh place… So much to remember to take and I pray Wagga will be a good girl… Oh my word, she never does her business in these situations, just watch tomorrow? I hope my next blog will be saying how well it went and how amazing Waggs was?

 

Had a lovely long chat today with my fab friend. It was great to catch up. Apart from two of my friends, the rest of them all live away miles away if not abroad. What does that say about me? Hahahaha.

 

Sadly, last night saw the last in the series of my most favourite drama ever. If you can get it on DVD, and you are fed up of this modern world and would like a true story about times gone by, try to look out for “The Durrell’s” Already this year it has been voted the best drama and a second series has been promised. Here is a link to a preview.


 

Following that was another drama called Home fires. Oh we loved that too, but again, it was not quite so innocent was rather tragic, but such a brilliant drama. The UK do the best dramas in the world. Home fires is a British period television drama about the life of women’s institute members on the home front, during the second world war. Set in a rural Cheshire community.  Again here is a link to a page that will show you the trailer.


Well, what will the rest of the day bring? I have learned that you just never know. You can have a plan and suddenly because of kids or other reasons, your plans totally change… And, it is 3 in the afternoon, I have just realised that I have not had anything to eat today. So off now to make something so very simple. Lots of love till later. And, again, thank you for your emails today. It is always lovely to hear from you. X

  

No comments: