translate

Saturday 14 May 2016

EUROVISION 2016


Today we were to get together with our best friends, Trix and Like. Couldn’t wait to see them. The taxi pulled up and the fun began. Bless them they brought me some beautiful flowers, and a bottle for us both of Margarita. I have never had that before. Trix told us it would be lovely for a summer drink…. More on Maggie later…

 

We drank coffee and caught up with all what is going on in the world. Then headed off to our fave restaurant where we are always welcomed with such kindness. Wagga is so funny, she lead the way, as if I was to follow, she would decide not to work and that wouldn’t be good. So we were in the front Trix and Like behind me and Hub for once at the back of our human bus. Smile.

 

Little Wagga did so good I think she worked the very best I have ever seen her. It was funny, like she was so proud to leed her pack. She didn’t make one mistake. Gosh, I wish she was like that all the time… Not even a sniff.

 

We had a lovely meal where we laughed a lot. Ate lovely food and at last made our way back to the house. Teenagers feeding time but apart from that, the house was left, to just the four of us today and we relaxed enjoying Eurovision songs to get us ready for the Eurovision song contest tonight.

 

We played a game or six of good old dominoes and Like took the title of that. The guys had a beer and Trix and myself drank juice. We are so alike when we go out Trix and I always end up picking the same drink of lemon and lime. Neither of us are big drinkers and what we do sometimes drink, it’s always something kind of tropical not just serious alcoholic. Trix and I can get drunk on a wine gum.

 

A quick snack and sadly on their way home they went. The day flew. It was great to see them and wished it could have lasted longer.

 

Well, time for TV and the Eurovision contest. Where would the UK come this year? Last or second last. Well we came third last. I know we didn’t deserve to come that low. My blood was getting warmer as I thought Australia were going to take the title. I love my friends in Australia, but you are not European. I know that there are other countries who are also not in Europe, and I disagree with them being in it too, change the name if we are going to do that. And, if Australia won, it would be held in Germany? Really. Why? OK Australia is too far to travel to, but why Germany? Hahaha. OK, just annoyed me.  And I didn’t like the song at all. I loved the Netherlands, Russia, Italy Sweden and Poland. UK were OK, should have come about tenths. Not blooming 23rd? Europeans hate little old England, time to leave Europe I think. We seamed to have more respect when we were not in Europe. Though we have given EU quite a lot of money…. Politics? Moving on.

 

So Hub and I took the mutual decision that the bottle of Margarita should be cracked open and we wouldn’t wait for a summer day. I mean, if we waited for a hot day, we may be waiting for a while… I know we have had three or five this year. But, come on, today was nipping out of the sun and it is May?

 

Right, off to bed. Early start in the morning. Hope you have had a good day until tomorrow, sleep well. With love. X

No comments: