translate

Thursday 19 May 2016

SO I LOVE MYSELF? BY FIONA CUMMINGS


SO I LOVE MYSELF?

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

On my naughty days

I have my own ways

When Mum wants me to go fast

I’m like a snail

But she lets me off

Because I just wag my tail

And of course, I’m cute

With my tiny face and wiggly bottom

As plump as a possum

And shiny like a star

Mum knows I’m never too far

I’m good in the car

OK, sometimes I try to get lost

But I’m cuter than most

I just give a waggle of my bott

A jig on the spot

And I’m like putty in Mummy’s hand

That is what she says if I understand

Or was that a puppy in Mummy’s hand

 Perhaps I got that wrong

Sometimes I eat my brother’s dinner

Well I think I’m getting thinner

I know it’s wrong and I will get told off

But to be honest it’s worth it

I don’t mind a tiny little bit

Just words

Mean nothing but my belly is full

I’m still so beautiful

Mummy says I have a chip on my shoulder

Where? And more so where’s the fish?

Mummy said she made a wish

And I came along

So she really should never give me wrong

I love my Mummy and will keep her safe

Show her the right place

Sometimes

If I forget, don’t get cross

Just look at my face

I’m to be adored

I’m a special Labrador

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: