translate

Friday 6 May 2016

DIARY OF COCKTAILS


Good evening Bloggets. After a very long day, hub home in the bath after our dinner and Teen gone out to a beer garden It’s a lovely evening so will be nice. Mind you, he can hardly walk as he has done far too much at the gym though he can’t see it. He is walking like he has been on a horse for two and a half weeks.

And he’s forgot he has got off old dobbin. Smile

 

So I’m now in the conservatory, knowing my work for the day is done. I made a simple dinner. Cheese macaroni. I put chopped tomatoes in and a cheese sauce with some olives and herbs and in the oven I roasted some vegetables.

 

You should have seen the size of the pot I made? I thought it will do for tomorrows dinner too, seriously, I got carried away. I didn’t think teen would eat much because he had eaten lunch out with a friend. Steak, sweet potatoes roasted and a yogurt dip with mint. But how wrong was I? Two plate Teen and two plate Hub, haha. There is a dish left though that will feed a big meal for one person tomorrow. We have to go out in the morning, so I bet it’s gone when we get back? That is fine, at least it will fill him…

 

I did get a lecture on how it was white pasta and it’s not as good for us as brown, yep, that will be because we will eat more white pasta, as the brown stuff belongs in the dog run!!!

 

I can’t stand brown rice either but brown bread, I love.

 

I’m watering my flowers waiting for them to be planted, I hope they live as long as that will take? Did I tell you I spent almost £70? You should see what I bought? Pathetic. About seven things. And if my Father in law could see the tomato plant I bought, he would laugh, he grows them and this one I bought looks like a bit that has fallen off the real deal.

 

It will be a busy day tomorrow, out in the morning, will tell you more on that tomorrow, afternoon our dogs are going for a free run with June our dog lady. Tomorrow night out again. Again, more on that later. Sunday, nothing planned. This has been a very very long week. I received my favourite email today from a Blogget who I wait to hear from. I love her emails. She is the most intelligent person and her English is so beautiful. Her life is so different to anyone I know too. Her emails, are a window with a view!

 

So day three of sun. Got me thinking about my Bloggets who like a little tipple? With it being the weekend, and a lot of lovely comments about the last recipe I wrote in an earlier blog, I thought I would write about wine slushies.

Yes, you read correctly, until today, I had never heard of a wine slushy. Mind you, I am always one of the last to learn. For those like me, why not try this?

 

Take a cool glass. A blender, pour in ice, frozen fruit and your favourite bottle of wine, blend it all together and pour into your large glass.

 

Now this one is a little more challenging and rather fancy.

 makes 6, or if you are my friend and you know which friend you are, two. Smile.

2 cups of fresh squeezed orange juice

2 cups of pomegranate juice

 1 cup of water

1 cup of sugar

A dozen blackberries keep some to one side for garnishing

2 cinnamon sticks

2 cups of red wine

Directions

In a large pot slowly heat sugar water and cinnamon sticks until melted

Add all juices and fruit. Let simmer for another fifteen minutes let all the ingredients infuse together

Remove the fruit and simmer for another five minutes remove them with a holey spoon

Remove sticks and pour into a loaf pan

Freeze overnight

Use a fork to shave the ice serve with a cinnamon stick and blackberry.

Now that sounds a little adventurous for me. But if you are brave enough, try it and let me know?

 

And finally, how about this? I must say, I can see my friend JB enjoying this in her lovely garden.

Apple and cinnamon Moscow mule

Serves one

2 oz. ginger flavoured vodka

2 oz. apple cider

Juice of one lime wedged

2 cups of good quality ginger beer to top it off

Cinnamon to sprinkle

Serve with ice and a slice of apple and a cinnamon stick. Does sound nice when it’s red hot.

 

Gosh, on that note, I shall go and make me self a cup of hot chocolate. Haha.

Have a lovely weekend. X

No comments: