translate

Tuesday 10 May 2016

EVERYTHING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


EVERYTHING

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I hear you in everything

As I look to my wedding ring

I see you in everyone good

I hear us laughing, as in a way, only we would

I dream of you each and every night

When I need to be held

I feel your arms so tight

I know you would catch me, if I ever fell

I taste your gentle kiss, in the raindrops

Like melting lemon drops

I look up to the rainbow

I write your name in the snow

You are everywhere I go

I wanted to write this poem

To let you know

What we have isn’t just physical

But emotional

Incredible

Sensational

Simply a miracle

What you mean to me is beyond what I see

Above what I can reach

More than I can teach

Words fail me

There are no letters I can put together

I know we will be as one forever

As we were born from the same soul

We keep each other warm from the cold

We are the security we need

 A hand to hold

We hurt if the other does bleed

And take joy in each other’s smiles

Our love travels miles

As long, and high as the universe

So I want to write a verse

Two, three or more

To recognise what we mean

You are my king and I’m honoured to be your queen

I know we have been on this land before

And this is our second chance

Not many people get this offer of romance

Just a note to say I love you

Some words to say I care

Pen to paper, feelings so true

I will always be there

Just put out your hand and feel my fingertips

Close your eyes and your lips I will kiss

Be happy in your heart

Knowing we will never part

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: