translate

Wednesday 18 May 2016

DIARY OF STUDENTS


Good evening Bloggets. A very quick blog tonight. Not long been in. This morning we headed off to our local University Hub, LF, Waggatail and myself went with a lovely lady to meet with students. I think we saw about fifty students across the entire day. Wagga did this two years ago and she was so very jolly then. Now, today? She was like a proper guide dog. Smile. I explained to the young people when we are in a concert or restaurant for example, they, the dogs have to lay still and ignore people today she was expected to play and it did confuse her. Two years ago, she was still very young. When I give talks, she is expected to keep quiet. So confused? She was. As for the Little Fella? Oh my word? You know how he likes to eat anything? Everything? So what did he eat today? Wait for it?

 

A girl’s hair.

I’m not kidding. A girl said. “Oh, you are eating my hair!” Well we just laughed. Hmm. He came to me so proud. As he does when he picks up a chocolate wrapper for example. To tell me that he had something in his mouth and did I want to play hunt the item? Well, I felt his tightly closed mouth and coming out of the sides, threads of hair. I thought he got it off the floor, no, it kept coming. And coming. They were so long, the length of the bottom of my arm. Oh my word. Really, that poor girl? I just hope it wasn’t expensive hair extensions. Haha. All in all, everything went so well. So many students from abroad, I would say half of the groups we met were from abroad. A really lovely lady from India. She was so very very sweet. And a French girl. One girl from my home town of Newcastle.

 

Our dogs did us proud. Now fed in bed shattered. It’s hard work being good for so long… And that is just me.

 

Came home had a cheat of a dinner from our local restaurant. It was delicious. Pizza’s. Posh ones. Not the stodgy ones we normally buy.

 

Teen had some great news for us. We are all buzzing with pride for him. Hub is so happy we are blessed to have him.

 

Well, more tomorrow on my yesterdays clothes. Oh yes. What a story that is. Laters. X

No comments: