translate

Friday 20 May 2016

DIARY OF A CRAZY FRIDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Here we are again it’s the weekend. Today started quite early and it involved me having to organise so much paperwork, addresses, stamps and bank books. Cards for payments and my beautiful paintings from my friend in the US.

 

To our town with teen. My friend Artie told me of a framing shop in our city, she thankfully gave us the address if not for that it would be impossible to find as it’s down an alley way as the buildings are so close together and seam to mingle with second hand jewellers and fancy boutiques with the fragrance of Mediterranean food, sounds of china clashing and cutlery clinking from a near by café!

 

In the shop, two steep steps up and passing piles of picture frames. The counter was as if some old backing from a wardrobe, which tipped slightly as I put my hand on it. It was a dusty shop with an elderly gent behind quietly spoken, he asked me what I was looking for? I handed him the huge envelope with my painting and print inside.

 

He showed me what he had as far as frames were concerned. I told him black was too much for a delicate angel picture. He agreed. Anyway, I ended up with a silver one for my big painting. It is embossed all the way around. I got it mounted and decided not to have glass in it. My other angel which is a print, and a totally different angel, I have got glass in that it’s mounted in the same way with a very very white background and the frame is the same.

 

We were shown another frame made from drift wood. Just as Teen was saying to the guy it would look good with the ocean and rocks, I was imagining a sailing boat or fishing boat, with rocks and a tall white lighthouse with red. Such a mixture of blues with some white spray from the tide. The sand coloured rocks with greys and piled pebbles leading up to the lighthouse. Even some small fishing cottages at the side too. Oh the frame was stunning but not for an angel!

 

The price of the frames were really reasonable. I was happy with that. Now I need to pay someone to put them up, but only of course when I get them. That will be next week and Teen has very kindly offered to collect them for me. It’s a good job as if I was to get a taxi, it would have to park miles away and how would we find the place? Not to mention, getting back to the taxi.

 

Anyway, out of there and on to the bank. Gosh not been there for so very long and bless them they still remembered me.        

 

Away from there and how could I resist? Our bakers. Bought some nice pastries it’s been forever and a day since I was there. Only once since our darling Long Chops, Hubs old guide dog passed away.

 

Well, all smooth, even running, sorry, walking quick through our town. Teen walks so fast. It was miles to the car. Thankfully the weather was nice. The town was packed!

 

Then the fun began. Gosh, so much to do today and the stress

built up. Important business to do, a letter to post as well and how wrong was that? Just found out a very important letter for Hub was on our printer and he asked me to find the letter then find the other two parts of the letter which should have been all together. Well when I looked, there was one part of the letter on the printer and two parts on the other machine. Hmm. I put them both together. Then put them all in an envelope and wrote the address from a file on my computer. Asked Teen to check the address to see if it was clear enough. He said it was, looked for a stamp, well two and got him to stick them on so our queen wasn’t on her head. Smile. All ready to go, took Waggs to post them. Hub has just told me I sent the wrong letters. Great. Who’s in trouble?

 

I’m so fed up of where the letter was going. The quicker all that rubbish is over with, the better. I want that business to be over. History. I asked Hub to go and find the letter that I should have sent? He can’t find it. I said well I must have sent the right one, he said no. So I replied. Where is the letters I should have sent? If not there, has the letter monster eaten them?

 

Anyway, now have to go through loads of files and paperwork. I hate paperwork. All bits of paper that we can’t read unless we put on the printer to scan and that is a total nightmare. As it only reads part of it. If we could see, we could go through the files we have in two minutes. Because we have to use a scanner, it takes up to forty minutes on average to do what we need to do.

 

So guess what we will be doing tomorrow? As this letter has to be sorted out before Tuesday. The letters I sent were for the same company, only were from last year not this year. I said to Hub why did he not put the old letters away back in the folder then there would be no confusion, right? Mind you, still where is or was the two missing letters? As they are not there now and were not there before. Confused? I am.

 

After a fifty minute journey this afternoon, time to talk with a rather odd man. Again, loads of paperwork and to be honest, not a nice conversation. He was a little twerp if you want my honest opinion… Anyway, away from him, a trip to the post office and again loads of forms to fill in, then back to the man and fifty minutes back home… Totally exhausted.

 

A lovely friend of Hubs from many years ago phoned today, we had a nice chat. A wonderful person I have so much respect for. I told Hub to call this friend and he said he will on Monday…. It was so nice to have a pleasant conversation though.

 

Catch up with emails and entries into my diary for work as a couple of meetings I have to attend. A talk for my volunteering has been written down and as for housework? Out out of the window. Which reminds me, I must try to clean them this weekend. That will take a full day. Upstairs and down. Don’t worry, inside, not out. Fifi won’t be climbing up ladders.

 

Gosh, as for dinner tonight? Well, it didn’t happen…. It was funny to see teen ask what was for dinner? I told him rice and chicken from last night… His reaction was interesting, but he really enjoyed it. As for Hub? Haha. Sausage rolls from the bakery. Me? Hmm. It’s eleven in the evening and I have just realised I have not had anything since lunch and that was pasties. For breakfast cereal. So I’m not hungry, but know during the night I will wake with a pain. Never mind. I would not eat now anyway. Still not eating after seven.

 

OK from my totally hectic day I don’t want to see anymore letters or silly little men for the next few days. But to give you perhaps a chuckle today I received an email to ask if I could write a poem for a lady to give to her grand Son… Saying what? Well, all about why he should not get a tattoo. Smile. I asked if I could write this in my blog, and she laughed and said yes, as long as I don’t publish the poem or say names. Now, where to start with this one? I must say it makes a change from retirement poetry, birthdays, weddings and funerals. How many words rhyme with Tattoo? Hahaha.

 

Have a lovely weekend and if I get chance I will talk tomorrow. For L from France, I will answer your email tomorrow as I have some research to do before I reply. To my Bloggets in Italy, it’s great to see you in such large numbers coming to see us… All of you, wherever you are from I see your countries and feel closer to you. Take care and again thank you to UK and our cousins across the big pond who turn up each day reading whatever rubbish I publish. Hugs to you all. X

No comments: