translate

Thursday 12 May 2016

DIARY OF A DISH OF LEMONS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good afternoon Bloggets. I have not been here for a while, have a load of work to do, writing. I’m wanting to write a short story. I have written many in the past, and want so much to get back into it all. I also have about three or four that I have not finished. I can turn out a poem in as little as a minute, some take longer, depending if they come from my heart, my who I call mystery guide, and I say this because I can sit at my lap top and type words that I don’t know of the outcome. I sit back read over what I have written, in disbelieve as really, I don’t know where those words have come from, emotions and so on. And I love it when that happens. When I’m writing a short story, I have to create a life, and decide whether the person is going in life, with poetry, I can write a picture. I guess that may not make sense, but this year I need to stop procrastinating and get on with trying to get my work published. I have said this before; I just have a brain freeze. I was given the most amazing opportunity to publish my autobiography many years ago, one of the top if not the top publishing house in the UK wanted to meet with me and like a fool, I turned them down. I know why I did, but I wished I hadn’t.

 

It’s another beautiful day today, we had a couple of days when the sky’s cried tears but now back to sunshine and beautiful songs from the birds. It’s days like this when I wish I was sitting out with friends in the countryside or beach somewhere. Rather than stuck in the house listening to the tone of my washing machine…

 

Wagga is going for a lovely walk soon, so must get her stuff ready for that and then I will clean the floors kitchen and then think about what is for dinner, which of course will include cleaning the kitchen again…

 

I am going to make a summer dessert. We have fresh fruit and some yogurt. I have some almonds and fresh mint… Sounds rather healthy, talking of which, oh my lordie lord. Teen got me exercising this afternoon. I’m amazed that the sun is still shining. As thunder I was expecting. I’m sorry, but how on earth anyone likes that kind of thing? It just kills me. My arms feel like I have been painting a ceiling. Or the tops have been nipped by a nasty ferret on a night out!

 

He has had me weight lifting… Well, when you consider, teen can lift more than what I weigh, and that is a lot, he told me I was lifting two bags of sugar…. I asked him through gritted teeth. “How big are the bags?”

 

Teen is on a downer today as he asked his father if he could lend some money to buy a car. Haha. What a joke. Answer? You have guessed it. Of course no. He wants to take it to the grave with him just like his own father. Teen was asking for a loan, not to give him. Though most fathers do buy their kids their first car, but Teens father couldn’t even buy his nappies, so he has no chance. I really feel for him. I said I would help him, but Hub and I are not well off thanks to my ex whereas the ex? Put it this way, he stole from me for so many years and when his father died, his house was sold as well as he had hundreds of thousands in the bank.  Funny, as his brothers are not mean like the old father was, but boy, my ex? 

 

Teens car is worth now £300 he has spent £1700 on it over a year. It now needs £357 spent to fix it to make it safe. Naturally he is not keen on spending any more money on fixing it as it will never be worth more than the three hundred. I have never liked it since he got it. I was so disappointed in my trust in my ex to provide his Son with a decent car. He got it for teen and within the first few weeks, hundreds were spent on it. I know Teen won’t ever trust him to help him to pick a car again.

 

Apart from the breaks that need fixing still, when teen turns a corner, the back end swings out. Even if he is going slow. The front tire has a slow puncture. His indicator still needs attention. A light still keeps coming on. His front passenger seat has broken. His Barings have gone. He has a crack in his windscreen. His starter motor has gone. And the list goes on. And on.

 

It’s so sad my ex doesn’t want to be a good Dad. I have no choice but say he is my Sons father, anyone can be a father, not everyone can be a Dad. My ex can help his Son out without even breaking out into a sweat. It wouldn’t bother him. Yes, he has the disease that he likes to store his money in his bank. I do believe he thinks he is poor. But quite the opposite. He is just mean with a capital M.

 

Friday the 13th, a meeting tomorrow then the weekend starts with a visit from our besties. I can’t wait to see them. Still waiting for my beautiful painting of my angel. Two weeks tomorrow, my poor friend is annoyed it’s taking so long. She sent it in good faith it would arrive before seven days. May be, it’s in galleries all around the world first? Smile.

 

My right eye today has I’m sure been kicked. In the top left corner starting to spread across to the bottom right corner and my left eye has sharp pins pricking it. Well, that is what it feels like.

 

Teen and Hub went up in the loft last night, well Hub did, teen held the ladders for his brave Dad, the mouse catcher…

Only there were no mice caught. I can’t believe it. A few months ago, we caught one in our kitchen first night we left a trap down, and first night we left a trap in our loft, we caught another? We have not heard anything, but I wish I knew what damage if any had been caused up there? I wish we could hire some eyes for a day to get that sorted out. We need a big skip. I have a box of 20 porcelain dolls up there. Why? I used to collect them. I tried to sell them, but sadly no one wanted them. They are as new as well. One I wouldn’t sell, it’s one that someone sent me from Canada when I was a little girl. She is a beautiful doll. So small too. They were total strangers but were in need to go to Russia for the treatment I went for. My Mum spent a lot of time with them on the phone and writing letters of information how to do what and they showed their gratitude bless them by sending this beautiful doll. Also up there in the same huge box, are two koala bears from Australia, same thing, only this time, one was sent, one got hand delivered by three men wanting information. I have written about that story before, what a very very mysterious story it was too.

 

So, what’s in the news today? An 18 week old foetus has been discovered in a museum in Cambridge England. The coffin is 41cm. This is the youngest Mummy ever to have been found.

A woman from the UK has been left with hair extensions stuck to her head after using the wrong glue. She bought the extensions on line…

 

Apparently we in the UK have plans to give world class treatment when it comes to cancer and we will be treat within four weeks… Really? It took me four weeks to see my Doctor? Still waiting to see the lovely lady, not her fault, just the way it is.  Our little island has too many people on it.

 

OK Bloggets, are you all ready to get happy with me? Here are some tips on how to do so…

Wake up a few moments earlier. If you are late, you will spill milk down your crisp white shirt and put the milk in the dish washer whilst putting your washing in your fridge. Rushing through a door you will catch your sleeve on your handle sending you flying backwards a meter possibly sending your button into the never ever land of wherever. Wake up earlier and you can start the day calmer. Scientists atTel Aviv University have discovered that if you sniff a lemon once a day, it will help you to start your day happier. Lemons can alleviate depression and boost our mood.

 So wake up tomorrow a bit earlier and chop a lemon and get sniffing…

 

Well, must dash now and start working in the house. I hope you are all well, and note to my Blogget mark, I will reply to your email later today, I promise. With love later gators.

No comments: