translate

Sunday 28 June 2015

THE DIARY OF A FANTASTIC FRIEND


Good afternoon Bloggets, I hope I find you well?  Me? Oh thank you for asking. I am great. Though sad. Well, not sad, just well, I don’t really know how to describe how I feel right now!

 

I guess from the beginning then you may know what I mean?

 

My dearest friend Julie came yesterday. Our Son collected her from the station. I really couldn’t wait to see her. We had a lovely evening. We sat outside it was stunningly hot. Our neighbours were out eating their dinner and they had their music playing. It was traditional Indian music. And it was fantastic. I loved it and with the barmy evening, we were so relaxed. The traffic was kind to us for a short while. Enough time for us to have a cool refreshing drink before we pondered along to our local pub where they sell really lovely meals. Crossing the road of hell, as the cars went back to normal and sped by and so frequently too. We entered our pleasure park of entertainment where there are loads of foodie places cinema and bowling alley. It’s got a great atmosphere there is great music outside of the pubs and restaurants. But for us, it’s impossible to locate as it’s far from V.I friendly.

 

There are outside tables and chairs with lots of other street furniture going on all over the place. Julie guided us perfectly past the plant pots and poorly parked cars and on our way to the pub.

 

It is lovely inside there and the menu choice is great. I had breaded garlic mushrooms then a delicious vegetarian burger chips and a dish of stunning salad. It was the same meal I had when I went out with my brother and Sister in law some weeks ago.

 

Hub had a fish basket then a steak chips and salad. Julie some Nachos a vegetarian burger special with everything in it and chips. The dessert menu was huge, the choice was fantastic, but we were all too full.

 

Hub and Julie had a bottle of wine and I had an orange juice.  We talked and caught up with some missing months as this is the longest I have not seen Julie, six months. Gosh I missed her too and it was a lovely evening.

 

We walked home, and the simplicity of it all was the best thing. I just wish I had some sight to be able to do this route with my Husband as if you can see, it’s ever so easy. It’s the difference between going and not.

 

As we came home we had a cup of tea and chatted some more laughing loads and loving the time with our friend.

 

My teen was out having a great time with a load of others. He went a distance this time by train. Before he went out, he came to say goodbye and Julie said he looked so grown up I guess she has known him since he was about six. And you always remember the little boy.

 

I still remember D from Russia, he is in his mid-thirties now, but I always think of him as still the little eight year old I first met and loved so dearly.

Sadly those days with D are all over as he has entered into a new lifestyle. But memories of him are still close to my heart.

 

Well time for bed. I of course didn’t sleep a wink. I worry so much about my Son when he’s out. But he did keep in contact with me every four hours and was home by seven in the morning. Safe and well.

 

This morning I made breakfast we ate up and out we went to the brilliant Retail shopping centre. It’s a designer outlet and as soon as you enter the indoor shopping area, you feel the quality of the shops.

 

Oh it was wonderful. Julie is the best person to shop with, mind you, Di too is great but it is a rare thing to find such people.

 

 We searched every shop and Hub got some lovely clothes. Last time he bought anything in the flesh sort of speak, was last time Julie was here, at Christmas.

 

Oh I could have spent a fortune, but fortune is not what we had so we bought basic articles. I didn’t get anything, but it was more important for Hub to get things, as I will wear anything, as long as it’s nice, hub is the most awkward person in the world next to teen to choose clothes. Oh the Jeff banks shop had some beautiful men’s clothes in but Hub didn’t indulge in there, as I said, it was basic things he needed.

 

Then we went for a coffee and sandwich from my favourite snack shop. I just love being with Julie and Hub. They are both great to spend time with.

 

Teen picked us up and homeward bound a cool drink and teen took Julie to the station again.

 

Oh here I am now in the garden, reflecting on just how easy it is if you have sight to shop. We could never do what we did today. Its cruel really, things people take for granted, is such a treat for us.

 

I Miss Julie so much she said next time she comes she is going to stay longer and I can’t wait for that. I love her. She is a very close friend you know the kind of friends who you just feel at ease with don’t have to pretend? She’s clever and kind. Stylish and loyal to us, as we are to her.

 

She doesn’t read my blogs so I’m not bulling I just think she is such a pleasure to be with.

 

So kind of sad because I know the next time we see Julie will be a few months away, I miss her already.

Now it’s windy and cold so I’m going in the house. But just to pop here and see how you all are. Take care cos I care. X
 

No comments: