translate

Friday 26 June 2015

FI'S FRIDAY DIARY


I’m excited. Tomorrow my friend will be here and I can’t wait to see her. What will we do this weekend? Who knows? I shall be back in a couple of days to let you know.

 

The weather is beautiful today but I think cold and rain is expected tomorrow. Sunday I hope it is dry just for  us to get the buses We have to get two there and same back it takes an hour each way, sadly our boy is  out for the count that day.  As by car, its fifteen minutes each way.  Oh tomorrow night, my heart will be in my mouth. More on that later too.  I have to tell you about things a couple of days late, as the evil from our past read my blogs. So when the event is over, I shall tell all.

 

Well, not quite all.  I don’t even know all. Hehehe. But I’m glad about that. As TMI?

 

Oh such riddles. But I know my Bloggets are bright individuals.

 

I’m sitting out in our back garden.  The waft of roses is so sweet. Sadly the engines are not quite so fragrant.  The sun is warm and the breaze is gentle. Hub working from home, I have left him to it. I have worked a lot today so chill time with you all now.

 

Our shopping came. Two mystery items today on our work tops in the kitchen for boy wonder to read if he would be so kind.

 

He wasn’t kind yesterday, Hub had to have a battle with a thistle but he won. The thistle is gone. Getting to like the demolishment of all things prickly….

 

I asked teen if he would be so kind as to chop the little monster down, it’s only a couple of feet in height but teen said no. So Hub had to feel for it and I caught myself with it earlier in the day, and it was lethal. Now it’s small, but we need it dug out.

 

Our friendly neighbour who did our garden a few weeks ago has a full time job now. Not that I think he was keen to come back mind you, as he really did work hard but didn’t like gardening and I can’t blame him. Our garden looks fantastic though.

 

Well for Father’s day our Son bought his Dad some treats. They have been on the piano for a blooming week almost. Each evening I have asked Hub if he wants to open them. He says no. So at lunch time today, I asked him if he wanted anything to eat. He said he won’t stop working for lunch, but he would like a cup of tea and open his treats. Yeah. At blooming last. I mean it’s not normal to have sweets for a week and none of them opened. Is it?

 

At last Fi’s fingers found her fave’s and helped Hub out with his diet by eating some of them for him. Hehehehehe.

 

Oh talking of diets, my mad Aunt phoned me yesterday. To wish me happy Anniversary? Nope. Don’t be daft. To tell me all about her. Her holiday. Her birthday and her street. Her Sunday lunch and her sunburned feet.

 

Then she asked when she could come to see us? I told her I was busy until August. But, we are coming to her town in August, we could see her?

Her answer?

Oh I will come to you in September then. Tuesday the 8th. I mean, Tuesday again? Always bloody Tuesdays. When Hub is at work and I have her on my own. It’s difficult. She doesn’t like to have conversations about anything other than herself. So politics? Religion? News? Views on life? No. And when I put a point across to her, she kind of breathes in a heavy way.

 

Really, even on the phone yesterday, I said to her something and as I waited for an answer, she panted.

 

She’s been with her three dogs too long.

 

Sorry, no, two dogs and her “live in friend.”  

 

I have sent her a text today telling her again that we have her gifts and we can meet her in August, I mean, our friend JB even has been so kind to offer my much loved Aunt her house for us to meet. As I know that person she lives with won’t have us in the house and to be fair, I don’t really want to go as we will come out stinking of smoke. Mind having said that, we are staying overnight at our friends house Mr. Clock. And he is the original walking talking chimney. So I bet by midnight, we may be like ashtrays.

 

Oh I so wish he would stop smoking, but there is no chance. He eats them. He is such a lovely person too and if he didn’t do the dreaded weed, he would so much benefit not only for his health and finances but his house and beautiful antiques he owns

 

I’m really looking forward to seeing our friends again. I know there will be about eight of us, there will be one missing I think as she has kind of blotted her copy book. Meaning? She was at our last gathering and there were a lot of people not impressed with her and Mr. Clock is the latest person.

 

Personally, I don’t mind her though she is weird. My Husband can’t stand her nor can our other friends.

 

This lady was at our school. She was a young teacher at the time, well, not a teacher, but a house member. There is a part of her who still thinks blind people should be institutionalised and if you knew my friends? Oh boy, we are as sighted without vision as a fully sighted person is and we know how to have fun.

 

We also watch out for each other. We are a group of friends and anyone who steps on one of our friends toes, oh dear. They are brave people. We revert back to the days of boarding school and the days when we only had each other to rely on. Our parents were sadly not in our lives on a daily bases.

 

Now will my Aunt text back saying she will meet with us? As every time we buy her anything, she complains that she can’t carry the gift home. Well we are offering to carry it to her, so let’s see. But two and a half hours later I’m still waiting to hear from her, but she may be busy with her great Granddaughter who is a handful.

 

Fish for dinner for the boys tonight. I feel like a salad. No Bloggets, I haven’t been in the sun so long I’m the colour of a tomato, haha. It’s such a lovely day, I would love some salad.

 

Oh I’m totally excited to see our girls in a few weeks time.   I hope for a summer of salads freshly made breads and lots of laughter.

 

OK off now to do some house work then research I need to do for work.

 

I hope you all have a peaceful weekend. Do for you. Something that will put a smile on your face.

 Big hugs to you

No comments: