translate

Tuesday 23 June 2015

DIARY OF OUR FIVE YEARS


Good morning Bloggets. Well today I thought that I would have breakfast before actually starting any housework. Such a luxury when you get up in the morning, just to sit and take toast, right? Well, it is to me. So my morning, I went to shower, decided that the shower needed washing, breakfast could wait ten extra minutes, I mean, it’s only one job!

 

Then why do the shower and leave out the sink and toilet? Oh then the windowsill and then the bin needed emptying. So OK just twenty minutes or so. Then of course the bed needed making and things that had been chucked on the floor I picked up. Then Hub left stuff hanging on the door handle of all places, so that needed putting away. Then to get ready and collect my cup as I had a tea before bed.

 

I went down stairs, the dogs were of course wanting out, but that was fine, as I would put in my toast, let them out and it would be ready for coming in.

 

As we came back in realising its really cold on this so called summer’s day, I heard the doorbell. I ran yes ran to the door, as the postie would run away as quickly as I ran to answer him.

 

As I put out my hands to receive the parcel, as the girls sent their Dad a gift for Father’s day last Thursday, I received nothing. It was my window cleaners. Yeah, brilliant, at last. I was over the moon to see them. I haven’t had a cleaner for my windows since the start of January. I do the down stairs myself, but no way up.

 

So then I ran to the grill, turned off my toast, ran to the box where we keep the gate key. Unlocked the gate down the narrow pathway. And welcomed my window engineers. Haha. I asked them where the heckers had they been? They said I was out the past twice they called. So I said I would go to get their money.

 

I ran to get it as didn’t want them waiting. Came back to them, waited for change and came in. Turned on the grill again, then my phone rang.  I answered that as it was a request for a poem I have been waiting for and took his details down, turning off the grill at the same time. Then the window cleaners left, I went to lock the gate put the key away and washed my hands. Then yes, time for breakfast. But, I noticed as I went to wash my hands in the kitchen sink that it needed washing. So I did that. Then, found some dishes on the side that needed putting away from last night. So then, at last breakfast time?

 

I realised that there wasn’t a loaf from the freezer as I asked Hub last night to bring one in. Obviously he forgot. So out to the garage freezer to fetch a loaf of bread for teen’s breakfast.

 

Came back to my ready toast. Nope. It wasn’t ready.

Oh great, our grill blew a fuse again. We need an electrician, but will do for what we can for now. It’s a nightmare. I mean, now, we can’t have toast for five days. When the fuse goes, it’s because water has got into the grill from the hob, so it takes almost a week to dry out.  We really need to buy a toaster again. We have been without one for months now and if the grill was reliable, great, but it’s not. Though I have been told until after September, we have to make do with what we have. So no toast, well, that is OK, for me but not for teen that eats it for breakfast.

 

So here I sit with my coffee.

 

I’m totally exhausted, phone calls doors ringing and now, I hear teen getting up and I’m dreading telling him there is no toast. At least I have been in the garage to fix the fuse box well, Bloggets, don’t be too impressed, it only involves flicking a switch. I just wish the grill was as easy?

 

How I love hotels, waking up, taking a shower that doesn’t have to be cleaned and dress from a wardrobe that is not stuffed with clothes so it’s easy to find what I need, no stress and down to a ready cooked breakfast with no dishes to wash afterwards. Oh that is a luxury.

 

Two days before our wedding Anniversary. I can’t believe we have been married five years?  Where have those years gone? 

 

So much we have been through in that time. Two divorces. Moving house, I have had two significant operations. The death of Hubs lovely Mum. My first beautiful guide dog dying and my second dog with Waggatail. Getting used to her and her ways, learning and teaching with her. The pure stress of moving house when everything went so wrong. And we all know of the two years of hell with the worst person my Son was involved with. They are having a summer break now then I think come August they will be back together as she won’t be able to live without him.  She already is finding it difficult. And trying to win him back. She and her family have given us over two years of hell and I wash my hands of her whatever she does now, whatever the  two of them do, they can get on with it. I don’t care anymore about their evil pathetic games.

My Husband left his job at the same company he worked for 22 years. He was so sad to go but for his health it had to be. He used to travel to countries all over the world and could quite easily be in three different countries and time zones for that one particular week. One day wearing a winters coat the next short sleeves the next a T shirt and back to winter again, all in a week from home to home. So he was fortunate to start immediate employment and had to get used to a totally different lifestyle. We both did as wages were halved. But he is healthy now and we no longer see each other two days and nights in twelve.  So a rough five years as I have only told you part of it, we have had so much greed from exes and thankfully that has sorted itself out too.

 

We have had some lovely times though, holidays friends, and teen passing his first year of college after receiving good results from not only college but school. Passing his driving test too. Our girls are doing great now, and life’s creases are ironing themselves out at last, though this time last year, I had the shock of losing my dearest longest friend of over twenty years. Not to dying but losing her to another lifestyle.

 

Hub and I are very much in love and are together forever I hope? Hehehe. He is the left side of my heart and I the right. Together we are and apart we can’t be.

 

We aren’t going out for our Anniversary for we are saving our money for the best gift and that is time with our kids in a few weeks. The best gift of all.

 

Teen has so much work to do and all he wants to do is the gym, so off he goes again. He noticed that the fridge wasn’t working. Oh great. Hehehe. It’s one of those days. What was I saying above about ironing out those creases?

 

OK off now I have writing to do and more posting. At least an easy dinner tonight. I have salmon new potatoes grilled tomato and I will see what fresh greens we have. For me? Hmm. God knows and he isn’t giving me a clue. Xxxx

No comments: