translate

Tuesday 9 June 2015

ME AND MY GUIDE DOG MY GUIDE AND ME


 I have just been reading a really sad story about a guide dog in the US who saved his owners life. A bus came from nowhere and was heading towards the lady with her dog. The driver didn’t slow down as he said he didn’t see her? Who needs a guide dog?

 

Well the lady was saved as the dog through himself in front of her and took the blow. Oh bless him. He was really injured she also was but not killed because of her beautiful dog. Now the dog has serious leg injuries I hope he will be able to work again for the lady, if not, I pray she will keep him with her, as when our dogs retire, it’s not always possible sadly.

 

Tonight on ITV in the UK, please watch “Me and my Guide dog? If you can support guide dogs, you are not only giving a chance for us to get out of our houses, as there are not always people to help us, in fact in most cases, there is no one. We rely on our dogs. What a sighted person may take for granted, like going to the Doctors, Chemist, Dentist, for a loaf of bread or just to get out of our four walls. To talk to something, we talk with our beautiful four legged angels. They are always there to listen.

 

This story I was reading today, is typical. Our dogs do save lives in so many ways. Please if you can spare time even, you don’t have to always donate money; your time is as valuable. There is so much you can do to help out with the Guide dog organisations in your country. It’s not all about people and dogs either. Guide dogs in the UK have so many legs to the body of the main organisation. My guide is the latest wonderful part of guide dogs I would like to write about.

 

My guide is a volunteer who will come to your house and go shopping with you or to the dreaded hospital. I know what it is like to go to hospital on my own. It’s lonely and scary. Well, ask about my guide, even if it is a walk to the local park. Just to get out if you are waiting for a dog, or even if not and you are not on the list for one, you are still entitled to have a guide volunteer, but these kind people are giving up their time and we need more people please? Just give Guide dogs a call and ask what is available for you to do to help. It’s not all about standing on street corners with a bucket or tin. Though of course it costs £50,000 in the lifetime of a guide dog. So donations are also crucial. But no one can put a price on your time and one day, you may need such help. As I have written about before, up to 100 people per day in the UK start to lose their sight. You don’t have to be born with poor vision. There are so many reasons why people will lose their vision.

 

If you live in the UK, tonight on ITV please watch (Me and my guide dog)

 

From me to you. And from those I talk with and know, thank you for your help. For the awareness that this blog will give if you could pass on and share please you will make a difference.

 

With love Fiona, and my four legged friend Waggatail.

No comments: