translate

Tuesday 23 June 2015

THE ART OF WISH YOU WERE HERE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE ART OF WISH YOU WERE HERE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 A seaside breaze

 Waving palm trees

Coconut smells

 In the air

With salted rocks

And pretty shells

Seagulls flock

And old ship bells

A picture I would like to share

Dreams are made here

Without a care

Memories I hold dear

Of a sea town fair

Shuggy boats

Dinghy’s floats

Donkeys run along our coast

With ice cream waves

On sunny days

And lollypop melts

Among the sand dunes

Colourful balloons

And at great heights

Flying children’s kites

Such a life

No hassle

 A stress free pledge

Looking down at a castle

 Of golden sand

Names carved

In the dampened water’s edge  

And tunnels dug out by hand

Crumbling cliffs

A head in the sea mist

Telling tales of tears and such whit

Time to put on shoes

Now feet covered in sand, they won’t fit

Collecting stones on my way

Will return, another day

For this is my kingdom

A land of lost souls

Where I can connect

And feel so whole

For this ocean I have respect

As it for sure is in control

And can give me such peace

As I shelter with my maritime feast

Take in the fresh air

Without needing to have anyone there

I’m free as a bird

And a smile I can wear

From the ocean I have learned

In its power it can burn

Taking lives with waters so fierce

 Hacking down like old spears

Then gently drifting along

A raft with people on

Next clashing clouds

With devil sounds

And from the sky

Is flashing lights

The moon has spoken

The sea life are choking

Upturned boats

Now silent ghosts

And then before our face

Is such a calm place

Leaving behind the storm

Everything battered and warn

Out with the old

 And time for the reborn

For the ocean can be so cruel, an yet magical

We have to see it as a miracle

Something quite spiritual

And incredibly beautiful

Bitter cold now time to head home

But I will return to this land of a body thalassic

And paint my picture so beautifully classic

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: