translate

Thursday 11 June 2015

A CHEEKY ONE TAKE TWO


Good day Bloggets. How are we all today? Its red hot here really, boiling. It was forecast to be cool. I’m burning up and so thirsty. One thing we never have in our house is juice unless we make it ourselves. There is a bottle of bubbly in the fridge; it’s been there about two weeks. I may have a cheeky afternoon drink. Eeeeee, can you believe it? I’m getting worried; I drank half a bottle of wine on Saturday, half on Sunday and now? All in less than a week? That is the most I have ever drank in such few days ever in my life and the scary thing is I’m enjoying it. I have found good quality wine when I say good quality; I mean £12 per bottle. And I never pay that, I get them for £6 or seven pounds on offer. The wine has to taste like fruit juice. Oh shall I be like other ladies I know and have an afternoon drinkypoos? Well, I could pretend I’m in a spa, getting my nails manicured. Sipping on the finest champagne whilst getting my shoulders rubbed and taking in the lovely aroma of the oils that have previously in the day been put in my hair, then afterwards when my nails dry, I will imagine going to take a dip in the waters from the hills.

 

OK, firstly I have no fingernails, well not enough to paint and secondly, there is no fresh water around here to take a dip. I could go to the local lake, but fresh? Naha, and swans? Yep, there are many. I could go to our beach an hour away but I’m afraid to be harpooned.

 

So I shall crack open the bottle hear the gentle pop as I remove the cork and enjoy a cool glass or two. Oh imagine if I’m drunk when Hub comes home? Hahahhahahheheheheheh oh, what will he say, you know when you just feel like being ever so naughty?

 

How dull am I really? To think by doing such actions, I’m being naughty, a rebel?

 

Had loads of paperwork to do today and cleaned my kitchen. The unit doors and lifted everything up to clean underneath.

 

Washed cupboards out too and polished all of the glass doors.

 

Then went out in my garden and did the windows again, as the traffic out there is dusty. And did the dog run.

Mopped all of downstairs and now thinking about ironing but it’s too hot so may give that a miss.

 

For dinner tonight, baked potatoes with cheese and salmon for the boys. I’m making a delicious medley of veg. I fry the mushrooms in butter, add a little salt, black pepper and then more butter with courgettes sliced on top then add cherry tomatoes and olives with a drip of olive oil toss it around the frying pan, then, my secret ingredient. A bloop, yep,, bloop of brown sauce. Don’t knock it till you try it. The boys love it, then I sprinkle some herbs and chuck in some almonds. Cordon blooming bleu, or what? Hehehehhe.

   

My neighbour and friend came to my back garden and we had a lovely chat. He’s a great guy. My other neighbour is still having a nightmare with her builders. I think their faces may appear on crime watch a program in the UK

 

I feel really sorry for her, I feel like going to sort them out for her, but they have mates. Haha.

 

So two days in a row of summer here in the UK last year I was asked about cocktails. Yep, I do get asked all sorts. Well, I’m truly no expert, but have you ever used fresh sprigs of mint in your cocktail? It’s delicious. I had it once and swore to use it again, but only time I have a cocktail is either when I am on holiday or at our friend’s house. I’m not too keen on our friend’s cocktails as he packs them with alcohol and I like mine to taste of pineapple and a bit of rum. I know of some people who put some fresh lime juice in a glass with a couple of spoons of sugar then add sparkling water with the rum and whatever else with not forgetting the fresh mint.

How about this?

1.       8 lemon wedges

2.      24 mint leaves, plus 4 mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)

3.      4 strawberries, plus 2 halved strawberries, for garnish

4.      Peach shnaps?

5.      Ice lots of it

6.      Now I’m getting lost.

7. 8 ounces gold or aged rum

8. 3 ounces of fresh lemon juice

9. 2 ounces prepared sugarcane syrup or a gave nectar

“Sorry, a what?

OK, the list goes on but in short, chuck it all in a shaker jiggle it about pour into a cocktail glass with berries and a sprig of mint.

Well, I guess it’s like making fruit juice, just put in whatever. Really, it’s like soup, there should be no rules. Just remember the ice; you can buy those big bags already frozen. But will help to crush it for the shaker. Or your straw may get blocked up. Hahahaha.

The Russian equivalent for Cheers! is За здоровье! [za zda-ró-vye].

At mine and Hubs wedding because of our friends Olga and D, who was my dearest best man, we did a typical Russian toast; we crossed arms with champagne and had to drink the full glass to the bottom without taking a breath. The congregation chanted Gorka, Gorka, a Russian phrase meaning Lets drink to love. They shouted it until our glasses were empty. Then the bride and groom kiss. It’s so romantic.

As they say in Cuba, “Salud compañero!

With love until later, xx

No comments: