translate

Monday 29 June 2015

DIARY OF MY KITCHEN


Good evening Bloggets. It’s really late this is the first time I have had time to have a general chit chat with you all. The poem I wrote earlier, I did last night and just published it today.

 

So how have I spent my day? Well this morning I went to the shops, my Waggatail is working so well at the moment. It’s a delight to go out with her. Tomorrow I might have a stroll along to the lake side and take a seat, as its forecast to be a lovely day.

 

So at the shops I bought a lot of heavy items and my Son came along in his car to kindly drive the bags home for me as I had other things to do with Waggs.

 

He spent the day fishing with his friend and at the gym twice today. Now? He’s busy.

 

Then I had a lot of work to do with my computer research and phone calls in the red hot conservatory. I can’t be in the living room as our Canary, Irish, sings and that isn’t very professional on the phone. As for our office at home? Well my Bloggets know what I think of that place. It’s a broom cupboard.

 

I cooked all afternoon. For dinner tonight Hub ate baked potatoes with Herring in a cream sauce with vegetables and apple. Then I made a jelly. It was blackcurrant with fruit in it. I put the fruit in whilst the jelly was not set so that the jelly set around the lovely soft summer fruits. I put in strawberries, grapes, plums and peaches. It was gorgeous

 

I also cooked teen’s chicken dinner and a lamb hot pot for tomorrow. Oh on such a hot day, that wasn’t a good thing to cook, neither was the broth? I am suffering from the sun I think it has affected my mind as I am cooking winter foods on a hot day. In the broth there are potatoes, celery and onions, carrots, mushrooms, chick pea’s butter beans and red lentils. I had to soak the pulses first. Then with the lamb hot pot, I fried off the lamb and added to the pan, mushrooms, onions and herbs. Then part cooked potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots. I used a lamb gravy mix and a shake of HP brown sauce with lots of black pepper and some of the pulses I soaked and precooked for my broth. Oh, and some tomatoes too and celery. Oh, and, some fresh peas I de podded.

 

So many meals in such a small kitchen on such a hot day. With someone who hates cooking too, but the best news is, for me tomorrow, no cooking. Yeah. Brill.

 

Teen has a busy day tomorrow. Tonight he played with his car. He has sprayed it, put new bits on it and took bits off. Haha. Don’t ask. I just know that on our road outside our house now have black tire marks. Thank Goodness he took notice and didn’t do it on our drive, but, when he pulls away tomorrow, I pray there are not going to be tire marks where he has been parked up all night. Now with the mess teen has left on the road and the builders have made on our friends side of the road, we are the offenders of the streets appearance.

 

My house smells like a country kitchen tonight as I write to you all. Hub has gone to bed, so I guess I should follow, though I’m not at all tired, though that may be the two cups of coffee I had about an hour ago. Not like me to drink more than one cup per day, if that, but I fancied it tonight.

 

Hub and I are feeling so sad for the poor tourists in Tunisia after the evil person did the dirty work on the beach. Less I say on that matter the better.

 

As my friend who is a Muslim said the other day, Allah will not be welcoming that murderer.

 

Oh I dropped my lap top on the tiles today, the battery fell out but thankfully it was OK. I don’t know how many times that has happened. I now have no screen, but I don’t need one right?

 

I best go before I get wrong as I keep Hub awake and bless him, he has to be up for half six. I will talk tomorrow, I have some work to do on my lap top, then I shall have a chat, see if I get some requests through the night to write about some topics, Remember I asked you to email or contact me through my blog page with regards to what you would like me to write about? Well, some suggestions, shall I say have been interesting. A lot I have already covered. But with over two thousand three hundred blogs, I admit to have talked about most things.

 

Before bed, I pray for world peace and for those who are in training to murder, I pray that they will stop, think and know what they are about to do is evil. Cruel to the highest point and learnt that the average person isn’t wanting bad for you or yours. We were put on this earth to learn how to live as one, so why not be a hero as your name will be forgotten about but your kindness will live on.

 

With love peace and harmony.

 

No comments: